Note of "thanks" from Mod to Mods

I have found your forums to be very informative and full of highly skilled contributors willing to assist others. Well organized and well run forum. Hats off to you all.

Recently a senior staff member at my company asked me to create a poster for an upcoming event. I have tinkered with Paint.net in the past for use in my personal DVD projects using Microsoft's Movie Maker. This company project required further use of tools/features with Paint.net including the addition of some plugins. I found the information quickly and have nearly completed the project 2 weeks in advance. The project only consists of about 20 layers and is relatively simplistic in nature.

I do have an inquiry regarding final layout composition of layers. Can you point me to a thread or tutorial I may review? I currently am using an Layer>import method, but am interested in editing the many layers position in the project, (not the layers position) but where on the proposed poster the layers image is located. A couple of quick searches and a review of FAQ did not result in the info I'm looking for. Just a search terminology refinement is necessary. No worries if you are too busy, as I'm sure I'll quickly locate it. The inquiry is not the purpose of the post.

Paint.net is an awesome application and the plugin availability your developers have added are excellent. Considering the forums and the app combined...I'll be keeping this app in the top shelf of my toolbox!

Keep up the fine work!

If I can assist with info, let me know...

Rich

Microsoft Digital Media MVP

My site:http://www.desilucy.com

Forum Moderator:http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/

Yes, for example...layer 1 is a logo. It is currently imported and is located in the lower right corner. To move it to the lower left is where the question originates. I could duplicate layer>position it correctly as layer 2> delete layer 1. Is there a quicker/method that I have missed?

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply.

Why do you duplicate the layer ? You could move from it directly! (I'm assuming the object-logo is alone on the layer)...

You could move it manually, or use the align plugin, or the panelling plugin..

Once your poster is published (not secret anymore), it would be kind to let us see it!

Why do you duplicate the layer ? You could move from it directly! (I'm assuming the object-logo is alone on the layer)...

You could move it manually, or use the align plugin, or the panelling plugin..

Once your poster is published (not secret anymore), it would be kind to let us see it!

Be glad to display the finished product...out of courtesy, I'd like to acquire consent of the individuals pictured as previous year champions. I don't forsee any issues with that. I would be interested in some constructive feedback though. It is a project of simplicity, and relative quick assembly...if time permits, I may post an image pf the project up to the point of champions image layers.

As a note...I typically involve myself in an app with minimal reading to gauge the UI intuitiveness. Once I run into a block of sorts, I'll research. May sound a bit backwards, but it's how I judge whether or not I keep the app close at hand for future use. I will keep Paint.net. I did find the info I was looking for this morning, and I appreciate those who responded with assistance and questions as to my methods of duping/importing. The answer is I hadn't read enough yet and regret including the question in my original complimentary post. It does show the willingness to assist of your forum members to what was probably considered a newb question! :roll:

Look for an image link soon...

Aside from the capabilities and the regular addition of new plug-ins for PDN which we all know for a free application, are fantastic, I have often thought of these boards as one of the best, if not the best 'policed' (dunno if that's the right word, but you know what I mean) boards that I use. The mods do a great job in keeping things neat and tidy, whist at the same time being polite and helpful. 'Officer' Atwell, springs to mind when I write this, but not forgetting the others. Not to mention the invaluable help offered by all it's knowledgeable members. The only blot on this was the complaints of 'biting newcomers' which was swiftly dealt with and is no longer an issue.

I just thought that I would add my views since somebody else brought up the subject. Keep up the good work everyone!

Sig1500x145-PDN.png

"Officer Atwell," eh? I like the sound of that. :-) Thanks for the note! I appreciate that I'm appreciated.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

could you maybe but some pictures up too give use a better idea of what ur asking cause the gist of what im getting is you want to drag a image in a layer from one corner to the other

also i agree the mods here are all great guys any "officer"@well is a scary but fair guy

recently converted from photoshop

punoutofboundsnorm12.png

I know that this is my first post here, but I have been using Paint.NET for a while and would also like to thank all that are involved in the project for creating such an easy to use, free application.

I agree with the author of this thread in that it is extremely useful and will remain on my computer for a long time. :)

As to the question posed by the originator, I might be missing your point entirely, but can't you just use the blue arrow in the top right of the toolbox to move the layer (assuming your background is transparent)?