World's Universal Gallery (Sonic Screwdriver 1/18)

worldnewser

You have some really good work in your gallery, I've really enjoyed looking through it. My favorite is the water character. How did you do that? It is beautiful !

Forgive me for asking, but which one is that? I've got lots of water(-like) things :lol:

You have some really good work in your gallery, I've really enjoyed looking through it. My favorite is the water character. How did you do that? It is beautiful !

Forgive me for asking, but which one is that? I've got lots of water(-like) things :lol:

Oh sorry, yes you do. :oops: I meant this one, it appears to be all water. :lol:thWater.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Possum Roadkill--Ah that was a really old piece. One of my firsts in fact :) To tell you the truth, I honestly can't remember :oops: The only thing I remember was creating a metallic texture and then using sin waves, and then polar inversion. How I created that metallic texture I really can't remember. Might've been Mandelbrot Fractal (because those were my "Mandelbrot Fractal abuse" days :lol: ) distorted someway, changed to black and white, and then Curves+.

My tribute to Man's First Landing on the Moon 40 yrs ago. Not the tribute I had planned, but it's still something special. I suggest clicking o the link and reading the comment I put up to understand the backstory to this creation.

Journey_to_the_Moon__July_1969_by_Worldnewser.jpg

50% GIMP, but 50% Paint.NET as well. All the final touches and a majority of the background was done in Paint.NET.

If you're looking for a 100% Paint.NET work, though, you can look at my moon :)

Moon_40th_Landing_Special_by_Worldnewser.png

Check out my deviantart page for the next few days, because I'll be uploading stuff (both GIMP and Paint.NET) which were basically created as byproducts of this piece (kinda like a blooper reel). I also put up an art schedule for the next few weeks.

Comments and criticism welcome :)

@Possum Roadkill--Ah that was a really old piece. One of my firsts in fact :) To tell you the truth, I honestly can't remember :oops: The only thing I remember was creating a metallic texture and then using sin waves, and then polar inversion. How I created that metallic texture I really can't remember. Might've been Mandelbrot Fractal (because those were my "Mandelbrot Fractal abuse" days :lol: ) distorted someway, changed to black and white, and then Curves+.

Oops ! Sorry I thought it was water. It really is a beautiful piece, as is so much of your work. If you remember more later, please let me know. I'm working on a water piece and would appreciate some feedback.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...
Oops ! Sorry I thought it was water. It really is a beautiful piece, as is so much of your work. If you remember more later, please let me know. I'm working on a water piece and would appreciate some feedback.

No I intended it to be water I just meant that it was a metallic sort of texture beforehand and though it would look good as water if colored the right way ;) And I'd be glad to help you out. If I remember, I'll be sure to PM you ;)

New Space Art! First in about three months :)

New_Planet_by_Worldnewser.pngNew_Planet_with_Rings_by_Worldnewser.png

Totally no stock textures. 100% Paint.NET. Also, I'm not sure if I set my monitor's contrast low enough. Is the one on the left too dark, or is it okay as is? Or is the one on the right better? Read more on the Artist's comments on each link.

Comments and criticism welcome :)

I prefer the ringed planet actually. They are both superb images. Good work. :D

I suppose the only thing missing is an atmosphere but if it is Earth in the future there probably won`t be one left anyway :lol:

It`s just a minor quibble though. Either of these would look great in a big spacescape. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@Goonfella and Welshblue--thanks! Means a lot :)

A new wallpaper! Hurrah!

Tech_Orb_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpg

Click and read the comments to learn more :)

Also updated the journal at my deviantArt just to reflect on the troubles (and not so troubles) going on for me these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks welshblue and Lance McKnight :D

I'm back in business :mrgreen:

..for now anyways :|

First, a rerelease of TechOrb WP, but centered this time

TechOrb_WP_Rainmeter_version_by_Worldnewser.jpg

And second, I delve once again into the space genre. Instead of planets, however, I'm trying to make a galaxy. Which I have never done before. And as you can see, I've only got the bare basics. I'm sure it'll get better as it goes along. For now it sorta looks like the birth of a galaxy...or an intergalactic maelstrom :lol: It'll be done soon. For starters, I'm already redoing the starfield :wink:

The_Birth_of_a_Galaxy___WIP1_by_Worldnewser.png

Check out the artists comments for more info.

Techniques, comments and criticism welcome for the galaxy :)

@yellowman--yes, perhaps I will add a drop shadow there after I finish up my WIPs. Thanks :)

@HELEN--thanks, I have yet to make stuf as polished as the shinies you make :lol:

@Goonfella--I will definitely get this WIP finished. Unlike all those other WIPs I've set (like that sink :| I'll get to it sometime), I think I'll get this one done pretty soon

@Sharp--thanks for that. I always thought there was something funny about the ways I had the stars. I've already rewritten the starry sky

Going to take a week off to finish up all my summer homework. By the end I should have my WIP completed.Stay tuned, I'll be back soon :wink:

@Welshblue+Sokagirl--thanks :) I will actually finish these WIPs up, unlike that sink I still have yet to touch :lol:

Ok, so I'm back from my one week homework binge. Still have to do some study binging too, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there :lol:

In the meanwhile, here's my (somewhat slow) progression with the WIPs:

The_Birth_of_a_Galaxy__Part_2_by_Worldnewser.png Starfield_by_Worldnewser.png

You've really gotta click on them to see the fine detail :wink:

The starfield was redesigned because I didn't really like the first one.

The other galaxy...is just that. Another galaxy that I hadn't intended to make but did so anyway. I'll incorporate bits and pieces of this galaxy into the final product. But the final product will still retain the general form of the original WIP.

Read more about the pieces on the artists comments on each page.

I'll definitely finish before this week ends. Maybe I'll finish before school starts :lol:

Enjoy. Comment and criticize, I appreciate it :D

@Welshblue+Sokagirl--thanks :) I will actually finish these WIPs up, unlike that sink I still have yet to touch :lol:

Ok, so I'm back from my one week homework binge. Still have to do some study binging too, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there :lol:

The other galaxy...is just that. Another galaxy that I hadn't intended to make but did so anyway. I'll incorporate bits and pieces of this galaxy into the final product. But the final product will still retain the general form of the original WIP.

I'll definitely finish before this week ends. Maybe I'll finish before school starts :lol: