World's Universal Gallery (Sonic Screwdriver 1/18)

worldnewser

Yay! New Stuff! :D

Moon_by_Worldnewser.png

I'd suggest giving it a little clicky and download on my dA to see the full size. I really like this piece :)

Most likely the last space scene for this year of 2008. Hope I get even more ideas of things to make next year.

@HELEN+Welshblue---Thanks :D I should get around to looking at your galleries as well, if only I wasn't so busy :|

------------------------------------

A nice subtle winter themed piece. I should really try to make a nice Christmas piece some time.....

Paper_Snowflakes_by_Worldnewser.png

Ooo 666th post :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the double ribbon around the present. (and of course the wrapping paper) :D

I wish I could tie a present with a double ribbon. That would be lots of fun. And then maybe using three or nineteen. Nineteen... that would just be mean, since you'd have to slide each individual ribbon off before you could open the present.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

@ZizOiz---Yes, I wish I could do that too :)

@LFC4Ever---Thanks! I was also thinking about doing a freehand ribbon too, but my experience with doing things freehand have been really meh in quality. Actually, Polar Inversion was used to get the basic shape of the ribbon, but I traced over the ribbon's outline and shaded it in (since using polar inversion does lead to some blurriness depending on where you place the center focus), so it's sorta like a guided freehand ribbon :wink:

Merry Christmas to all of you :mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year folks :mrgreen:

Nothing too special here. Still dumping away my 2008 stock until I start uploading my new stuff (Yes, there's quite a few coming up. I already have a new spacescape done. More or less. :wink: )

Just another attempt at realistic glass stuff. I think this is my second try? I've lost track...

Anyways, this is a glass paperweight. Or at least that was it's original intention way back when I started it. Read the Artist's Comments on the deviantArt page for more info.

Glass_Paperweight_V1_by_Worldnewser.png

^^Looks better if you click on it^^

I also uploaded a version which has floaty stuff inside it, but I sorta prefer this one even though it's sorta empty.

Enjoy :)

@HELEN+LFC4EVER--Thanks for the tip on the middle reflections.

@Welshblue---I'd love to see that remake :)

@Janettsue--- Actually, your sig sorta looks like an attempt at glass to me ;)

Just wanted to post a mini-update

SotW 19:

SotW_19_by_Worldnewser.png

Fob Watch (50% Paint.NET. Read more info on the comments page):

Fob_Watch_by_Worldnewser.jpg

@HELEN--Thanks! Never thought that I could make a good sig outta that originally :)

@Welshblue--- :o I never though of the fob watch that way. Originally, those inscriptions were put on the actual watch as some sort of decoration, but looking at it from that view changes the perspective. Thanks :D

First space piece of the year :) This is just a middleman for a larger planetary piece. Stay tuned :wink: I just decided to release this just because it was there :lol:

Planetary_Lights_by_Worldnewser.png

Plus a wallpaper. You might recognize it as the background of the SoTW sig :wink:

NY_Dark_Wallpaper_by_Worldnewser.jpg

The full size view looks much better than this. There's a lot of detail in it. I rather like it. 8)

Just FYI, the stock photos are of a subway train (less prominent) and city skyline (obviously prominent), both taken by me :)

@HELEN---Thanks! I used to think that I had a lack of ideas way back when i first started, but I think now I'm a bit more refined and able to think up of more ideas more frequently.

@survulus---Thanks, and yes my favorite theme seems to be sci-fi :) Also, I like your sig

Just a short note. This is midterm week for me, so I probably won't be around this week and probably the next (heck, I'm not even sure if it'll make much difference). I probably might not update for a while though.... :cry: I'll still respond to comments when I see them, so feel free to do so, it'll probably make me feel better after the post-test trauma :lol:

------------------------------------

I'm sure you will remember this piece from a while back, except now it's more refined. More info on the Comments on the page.

Torchwood_Rift_Manipulator_by_Worldnewser.png

Also, a glass WIP (might be hard to see. Click to fullview. Read more info on the page's comments)

WIP_Glass_Object_2_by_Worldnewser.png

• 3 weeks later...

Huzzah! I'm back! :D

I've been out for about two weeks due to Midterms-->Sickness--->Recovering I'm feeling much better now.

Anyways....

@HELEN---Thanks! I hope I can get glass someday too. However, I have a feeling that I won't be getting around to doing some glass pieces for a while :(

@Welshblue--Well, I can upload the .PDN file. There's not too much going on in it though, because some stuff was already made in GIMP and because I sorta ended up flattening a majority of the watch base. The watch was pretty much a bunch of circles, so don't expect 40 layers ;)

If anyone else is interested, I've uploaded the PDN file here. Careful, though. It's a large file (it's a large piece). Close to 31 MB. You've been warned. http://www.mediafire.com/?ngyjzmyhoyj

A little piece made during my sickness. Just a quickie to show that I'm alive. Read more on the Deviantart page.

Blue_Abstract_Tiles_by_Worldnewser.png

Expected better stuff in the coming weeks. :wink: