Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

This is much improved over the original. With a little more work on the floor reflections I'd say it would be ready for the galleria.

:shock: :D

Where to start....Do you mind if I put some notes on your image, a picture is worth a thousand words, you know? :wink:

Sorryz... :P These are the main issues I see right away. Let me know if I didn't make it clear or you don't understand.

Working on it. I may have questions. :wink:

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

This is much improved over the original. With a little more work on the floor reflections I'd say it would be ready for the galleria.

:shock: :D

Where to start....Do you mind if I put some notes on your image, a picture is worth a thousand words, you know? :wink:

Sorryz... :P These are the main issues I see right away. Let me know if I didn't make it clear or you don't understand.

Working on it. I may have questions. :wink:

@ APShredder Very nice, kind of a retro look. I like your choice of coloration. It would have been easy to go with a primary color like red or blue to emphasize the Superman theme, but you chose a bold direction with this and I think it turned out great. This reminds me of some lithograph posters I saw last year that i liked very much.

@ Soul41, Xander_Lyon, and Worldnewser I greatly appreciate your comments and have tried to incorporate them into the various versions of this piece. Thanks again for the constructive criticism and support.

@ BoltBait I appreciate the opportunity to have the honor of being in the Galleria. I hope that this image rises to the quality of the others found there.

@ Ash Thank you so much for your suggestions. It has made this piece so much better. I have tried to accomplish the improvements to the best of my ability but what I have realized is that I have so much more to learn. There are some things that I did not change because I was happy with the texture, or color of the original part, but I did try to resolve the technical issues you pointed out. I hope that I was able to get somewhat close to what you expected. Thanks again for your help.

TheChamberFinal.png

@ APShredder Very nice, kind of a retro look. I like your choice of coloration. It would have been easy to go with a primary color like red or blue to emphasize the Superman theme, but you chose a bold direction with this and I think it turned out great. This reminds me of some lithograph posters I saw last year that i liked very much.

@ Soul41, Xander_Lyon, and Worldnewser I greatly appreciate your comments and have tried to incorporate them into the various versions of this piece. Thanks again for the constructive criticism and support.

@ BoltBait I appreciate the opportunity to have the honor of being in the Galleria. I hope that this image rises to the quality of the others found there.

@ Ash Thank you so much for your suggestions. It has made this piece so much better. I have tried to accomplish the improvements to the best of my ability but what I have realized is that I have so much more to learn. There are some things that I did not change because I was happy with the texture, or color of the original part, but I did try to resolve the technical issues you pointed out. I hope that I was able to get somewhat close to what you expected. Thanks again for your help.

TheChamberFinal.png

TheChamberFinal.png

TheChamberFinal.png

@Possum - Wooow, man, excellent work. Even the darkening of the sky and highlighting of the moon helped a lot. Your vases in the back look like Oblivion or Dark Messiah items. Your left red spider is actually touching the crystal ball now with all the juicy reflections therein. I think my only critique is a little nitpicky. The lines on your backwall that now give it perspective don't seem to match the angle of the floor or anything else. Of course your curtain wrinkles still blow me away.

galactic_military_sig2.png

@Possum - Wooow, man, excellent work. Even the darkening of the sky and highlighting of the moon helped a lot. Your vases in the back look like Oblivion or Dark Messiah items. Your left red spider is actually touching the crystal ball now with all the juicy reflections therein. I think my only critique is a little nitpicky. The lines on your backwall that now give it perspective don't seem to match the angle of the floor or anything else. Of course your curtain wrinkles still blow me away.

Oblivion or Dark Messiah? I'm not sure what that is. Sounds cool though. You will never believe what they are made from. :lol: I might tell everyone later :wink: I was very happy with the way the moon turned out against the darker sky, I was afraid that it would look flat. I was also happy that the replacement spider turned out like it did. The reflections from that spider was done in four parts to get it on the table and the base of the ball and the ball itself. I'm still not sure I got it right because I couldn't get any spider to stay still long enough to act as a model. :lol: No I don't think you are being "nitpicky", that is actually something I didn't think about. Now that I look at it again, I think you're right. The lines are too straight. There should be an angle that is opposite (maybe ?) of that of the floor. Hmmm, I think I need to take a look at some of the halls at my office building for how to get a better perspective. I work in a gigantic 158 year old building. It is very cool with lots of marble and granite and arched ceilings.

Oblivion or Dark Messiah? I'm not sure what that is. Sounds cool though. You will never believe what they are made from. :lol: I might tell everyone later :wink: I was very happy with the way the moon turned out against the darker sky, I was afraid that it would look flat. I was also happy that the replacement spider turned out like it did. The reflections from that spider was done in four parts to get it on the table and the base of the ball and the ball itself. I'm still not sure I got it right because I couldn't get any spider to stay still long enough to act as a model. :lol: No I don't think you are being "nitpicky", that is actually something I didn't think about. Now that I look at it again, I think you're right. The lines are too straight. There should be an angle that is opposite (maybe ?) of that of the floor. Hmmm, I think I need to take a look at some of the halls at my office building for how to get a better perspective. I work in a gigantic 158 year old building. It is very cool with lots of marble and granite and arched ceilings.

The only issue I see now is that some of the reflections are slightly wrong. Remember, a reflection should flow in a direct line between the object and the observer's eye. So the reflection of the vase (on the right) on the floor should be skewed slightly to the left. Also, the bottom corners of the new window frame should flow in the same direction as the floor tiles.

Other than those issues... Looks awesome!

The only issue I see now is that some of the reflections are slightly wrong. Remember, a reflection should flow in a direct line between the object and the observer's eye. So the reflection of the vase (on the right) on the floor should be skewed slightly to the left. Also, the bottom corners of the new window frame should flow in the same direction as the floor tiles.

Thanks ! I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I start my vacation on Saturday (Woo Hoo !). Whew ! I just had a little scare. I went to open the image and got a nasty error about the file being corrupt because it had been saved with a newer version. I was working on a new abstract at the time that was very render heavy and that must have been the problem. I lost the abstract, but the image opened after I closed PdN and restarted. GASP !

Thanks for the suggestion !

Thanks ! I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I start my vacation on Saturday (Woo Hoo !). Whew ! I just had a little scare. I went to open the image and got a nasty error about the file being corrupt because it had been saved with a newer version. I was working on a new abstract at the time that was very render heavy and that must have been the problem. I lost the abstract, but the image opened after I closed PdN and restarted. GASP !