Sig-Of-The-Week #15 - Chinese New Years *Crimson Wins!*

This weeks theme, as chosen by last weeks winner -Expiration-, is Chinese New Year.

The Winners:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess what!? I finally got around to tallying and posting the results!

The results:

1st: Crimson (5 votes)

2nd: -Expiration- (4 votes)

3rd: Tendercrisp (2 votes)

Both voting and participation were down for this one, with only 12 votes coming in, but we did get a clear top-3.

I want to apologize to everyone for taking so long to get around to this. Life has a way of cropping up, and free time just disappears. To remedy this, I've asked fellow mod and previous SOTW helper david.atwell to help out more. A new account has been created named SOTW Guy, to which David and I will share access. All votes henceforth will be PM'd to SOTW Guy, so that whichever or us has the most free time can get to them to tally the votes when the time comes. Dave and I seem to have similar mannerisms, so the transition should be relatively smooth. ;)

Thanks to all for participating! Head over to the Discussion thread to chat about the next theme. We'll take as much time as we need to get back into the swing of things.

This week's entries:

These entries are listed in alphabetical order.

To vote for an entry, send a Private Message to Crazy Man Dan with the name of the artist you want to win.

Crimson

chinesesig.png

-Expiration-

CNYSig.png

Fire_Ants

yotr.jpg

GeminiS

chinesenewyearjp6.png

mistress-gaia

sotw15.jpg

salu

yearoftheratsig.png

Tendercrisp

hvuwi8.png

Send a ballot to CMD

Include the name of the user for whom you wish to vote.

Oh, it's the year of the Monkey! No no no wait, it's not, but Fred the Monkey is still pretty cool. :wink:

It's the year of the rat! Help us ring in the Chinese New Year (February 7th)! According to Wikipedia:

Being the first sign of the Chinese zodiacs, rats are leaders, pioneers and conquerors. They are charming, passionate, charismatic, practical and hardworking. Rat people are endowed with great leadership skills and are the most highly organized, meticulous, and systematic of the twelve signs.

And to think, many people consider the rat naught but disgusting vermin. Remy* would be saddened.

The deadline for this competition is 23:59 (11:59pm) (PST) on Sunday, February 10th.

To see the current time in PST to compare it with your local time, click here (WorldTimeServer.com).

Check the SOTW Rules!

If your entry breaks any of the rules it will be disqualified.

• [*:167fqexw] Max sig dimensions follow the board's max sig dimensions, 500x150.

• [*:167fqexw] No crude / offensive language, pics, et cetera.

• [*:167fqexw] Sig must follow the set theme.

• [*:167fqexw] Only one entry per person and no modifications to your image are allowed after submitting your entry.

• [*:167fqexw] You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in your sig.

• [*:167fqexw] You are allowed one post in this topic. That post should include your sig, links to your source images, and, if you feel so inclined, a hearty bowl of soup to keep me warm 'n toasty. Placeholders (empty-posting now, editing in a link to your sig later) are not permitted.

This thread is for posting your entries only!

If you wish to talk about one of the entries you can do so here.

If a comment or other non-entry post is mistakenly made in this thread, it will be moved without penalty to the discussion thread. Just don't be surprised when it magically jumps over there. :wink:

Good luck all, and thanks for playing! :D

*Watch Ratatouille. It's a great movie, and then you'll know what I'm talking about. :wink:

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Here is mine. I have a really hard time keeping my hand from shaking while using the paintbrush as you can see on the chinese symbol, I tried everything to hide it, next time I will use a stock image instead....LOL! Anyways I hope you all enjoy.

Stock image of Rat http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/ ... Symbol.jpg

sotw15.jpg

sig2.jpg

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought. The mind is everything,

what we think we become." Buddha

Forgive me if I'm being impatient. But when is this week's winner going to be revealed? I know voting ended last night.

Maybe no one voted :shock:

I've only been in the sotw two times but it has never taken this long.

I'm hoping that everything is o.k. with CMD.

It says he's come on since voting was supposed to end

Maybe he jsut forgot :P

siggo.png

• 3 weeks later...
So, um. It's been a while.

Is the winner ever going to be announced?

Again, sorry if I'm being impatient. I just want to know.

I know the feeling. I used to be impatient for the contest to end, but at this point I'd just be happy with CMD back. :)

It says he's visited recently. I wonder what happened?

Funny thing was I thought that this was the last SOTW :shock:

siggo.png

I know the feeling. I used to be impatient for the contest to end, but at this point I'd just be happy with CMD back. :)

I chatted with him recently.

CMD's online life is on hold while he gets caught up on his homework. He'll be back soon.

I chatted with him recently.

CMD's online life is on hold while he gets caught up on his homework. He'll be back soon.

Naughty boy, not doing his homework :P

siggo.png

• 2 weeks later...
Umm I am new but could I still enter?

{Ch@/\/\p}

No. This contest is in Voting now. As soon as the next contest starts, though, sure!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.