Whats with all the spam

It's been dealt with, don't worry about it.

It was stopped about 6 hours ago, but the forum upgrade resurrected some of the spam we had already deleted (it actually migrated the forum state from before I locked the old one, so ~1 hour worth of posts or deletion efforts were lost)

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

It's been dealt with, don't worry about it.

It was stopped about 6 hours ago, but the forum upgrade resurrected some of the spam we had already deleted (it actually migrated the forum state from before I locked the old one, so ~1 hour worth of posts or deletion efforts were lost)

You guys must feel horrible 'bout that. -sends good vibes-

AvrilCQSig.png

That graphic designer wannabe XD.

Well, I acted as soon as I woke up anyway! I just won't go to sleep ever again ;)

However, CMD and BB were online during the attack and had no real defense because being a Mod doesn't let you do things like ban IP's. They have now been promoted to admin. The forum has also been upgraded to phpBB 3, and hopefully I can fine tune the permissions and configuration better now.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Don't forget about Ash! :wink:

He was online for the first two hours (2am to 4am PDT), during which time it was 2 on 2 for a while, then 2 on 4, but he needed some sleep and had to log off. Of course, it only got worse once he logged off... *shudders*

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, I acted as soon as I woke up anyway! I just won't go to sleep ever again ;)

However, CMD and BB were online during the attack and had no real defense because being a Mod doesn't let you do things like ban IP's. They have now been promoted to admin. The forum has also been upgraded to phpBB 3, and hopefully I can fine tune the permissions and configuration better now.

As I said, thank you very much. And congrats to our new admins. :D

Yep. If you see an inappropriate message, you can click that button to report it as such. The mods now have a handy little moderation queue where that post will show up. This will help you help us keep the forum clean in the case that there is an inappropriate post you see before we do. :)

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yep. If you see an inappropriate message, you can click that button to report it as such. The mods now have a handy little moderation queue where that post will show up. This will help you help us keep the forum clean in the case that there is an inappropriate post you see before we do. :)

Nice on the one hand, able to be misused on the other. I have seen people on this forum I consider able to do that. :roll:

allows users to embed Flash movies into their posts.

Really not something I'd want.

Regarding the inevitable misuse of the Flag for Moderation button:

Even if someone decides to flag messages that needn't be flagged, it's still up to the moderators to decide if the message marked deserves to be edited. We will still only moderate the post that deserve it.

~ Becoming the Archetype