NEW: Paint.NET Search Engine

Thanks for thinkin' of me! :wink:

But I honestly don't think there's enough content over there to warrant separate inclusion at this time. All useful Paint.NET related resources over there have marker posts here on the forum, so they'd be found right now anyway. Perhaps, in the future when there are more completed pages than pages with construction warnings, I'll pester Rick to add me.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Hey, Rick one thing I would find very useful is if you made a custom Google Toolbar button (link) for the Paint.NET Search. I'm not likely to use anything else because I'm so minimalistic :wink:

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Wow :D That's amazing. Stuff for my iSafari theme thing just keep on getting better and better. New forums, extension, chat room, now search engine :D unfortunately I haven't been working on it for weeks.

I have a question. I'm not sure what to do at Advertising status. I don't know what to select.

How did you get it onto your own URL with a custom icon and not have all that user stuff at the bottom?

Wow :D That's amazing. Stuff for my iSafari theme thing just keep on getting better and better. New forums, extension, chat room, now search engine :D unfortunately I haven't been working on it for weeks.

I have a question. I'm not sure what to do at Advertising status. I don't know what to select.

How did you get it onto your own URL with a custom icon and not have all that user stuff at the bottom?

Google Apps let you do that.

siggiecj5.png

Some links: | Personal Website | Alien Attack |

Try out my plugins: | Antialias | Diagonal Lines |

• 2 weeks later...
What about an OpenSearch plugin for Firefox? Is that possible with Google Custom Search?

Due to my knowledge Open Search is for IE 7, too, as Microsoft and Mozilla cooperated (?). Basically, somebody with knowledge of XML may create it (I have no experience with this, but the page you linked includes the code).

It would be a great help. When I search the forum, I usually do it via the forum search. Rick's search is much better, but I don't open up a new tab with the search everytime. Would be really nice if it was in the browser search bar.

If you look for Rollyo, you can "roll your own" search engine and put it in the FF search box. I don't know where the site is exactly, but I believe there's a link to it on the "add extensions" page. Just have it search in the same sites as Rick points the searchpaint.net site.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

If you look for Rollyo, you can "roll your own" search engine and put it in the FF search box. I don't know where the site is exactly, but I believe there's a link to it on the "add extensions" page. Just have it search in the same sites as Rick points the searchpaint.net site.

I've just tried that (http://www.rollyo.com/firefoxsearch.html) and it's not as refined as the actual search page; it's good nontheless and it serves it's purpose but it's not as good as the installable search engines you can download. If it wouldn't break the Google CSE ToS then it would be beneficial to have such a tool to download, possibly from the main page with the other downloads and here on the forums too, as it would then add extra ease and also accessibility to the current search function. Furthermore, as Fisherman's Friend commented (and verified by the OpenSearch site), OpeneSearch is available to both Firefox and IE7 users therefore it wouldn't be excluding as many people or placing one browser on a pedestal above the other.

Two pennies worth for today.