Unfreeze Combined with Paint.NET

Can someone make an addon/effect that will add an unfreez box to paint.NET in the effects window that lets you make animated images with frames if you set them a certain way? I have read something that animated images cannot be made with paint.NET, but it would be very helpful to be able to do it via paint.NET. Although, I do not know how the general editing area will look unless you can edit one frame of the animation there.

that lets you make animated images with frames

Frames in that statement is referring to another box being made that lets you add frames in the order that you wish the animation to start at and end from. (start=top; end=bottom)

Thanks for your time.

Effects can only touch one layer at a time. This is not possible with the Effects API in Paint.NET, sorry!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Oh, wow...that's something I never even thought of. I guess I should leave the programming questions to the programmers, eh? ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

IIRC, the Animated Cursor plugin need to break the Paint.NET plugin API to display this dialog before saving.

My advice will be to wait for the PdN version which will add a better plugin system.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

The fastest turnaround I've seen was about a week and a half or so...and it was an effect BB made for Steganography. It was cool, but it was pretty simple, if I understand his description of the code correctly. This would be immensely more complex.

Building a SWF would be kinda useless, since Flash is primarily a vector format. There are already flash objects you can use where you can provide the URL to an image, and the flash object will let you display, zoom, etc the given file... what else would you do with a picture embedded in flash?

But I'd like to see Animated PNG (APNG) support too. Animation requires an entirely different GUI though, so I don't expect to see it anytime soon. Even if all you did was use each layer as a frame, how would you specify the frame lengths? I think that kind of stuff is best done in an external program, similar to how Paint Shop Pro had the external app Animation Shop.

Building a SWF would be kinda useless, since Flash is primarily a vector format. There are already flash objects you can use where you can provide the URL to an image, and the flash object will let you display, zoom, etc the given file... what else would you do with a picture embedded in flash?

You dismiss ideas far too quickly. You did the same thing when someone said that your idea for better line nub handling would make cutting out images easier. There would be nothing "useless" about having a SWF plugin for animation. It would certainly be better in many ways than either GIF or APNG. Every frame of a GIF animation takes a MASSIVE quality hit. APNG has almost no support. Honestly, how many people have Gran Paradiso installed on their computer? It's easy, in Adobe Flash, to put bitmap images in each keyframe and run that just like a regular animation, so there's no reason why SWF would not be a viable format for exporting animations.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

@Fisherman

Flash's lossless compression is already pretty good.

I mean, a 500kb png file can be compressed to 100kb~150kb in flash without loosing quality.

It's jpg compression is also pretty good too. You can often get like 5% of the original file size without loosing too much quality (about 75).

siggiecj5.png

Some links: | Personal Website | Alien Attack |

Try out my plugins: | Antialias | Diagonal Lines |

I didn't know that! You don't just make some fine plugins, you help me further even in other ways. Thank you! ^^

I myself prefer jpeg compression with 96/97. It reduces the filesize enoumously and looks quite good in most of the cases. For the web I try to make files as small as possible with good quality as there are still people with slow connection, and I don't want to terrify them.