Printable tutorials

Hello, I am extremely new here. I learned of Paint.NET from a MP3 player forum (of all places). I have downloaded the program and many of the plug-ins and I am very impressed with the software so far. I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet but I have started reading tutorials on my breaks at work and a few at home. I was wondering if there would be any possible way that the tutorials could be made so that they are downloadable in a word document. It seems that the ones I read at work I can't find again when I am at home, if they were downloadable I could download them at work and email them to my home email. Some of the tutorials I have read sound really cool but I don't plan on using them soon so if they were downloadable or easily printable I could keep a copy for when I decide that I would like use the tutorial. I like having things in a printed format when I am first learning software instead of flipping back and forth between windows, it is almost inevetable that I accidently close something unintentionally.

So far I am so impressed with this software. I have a couple of other image editing softwares at home but none have impressed me as much as Paint.net. Please keep up the development!

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

...I like having things in a printed format when I am first learning software instead of flipping back and forth between windows, it is almost inevetable that I accidently close something unintentionally...

If you have Mozilla Firefox, you can right-click on the tab and hit "protect." It will make it so that you have to verify before it will close.

As for paper versions...just select File>Print... and tell it to only print the first page. If that doesn't get the whole tut, hit File>Print... again and tell it to only print the second page, and so on until you have it all.

Hope this helps.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

you can right-click on the tab and hit "protect."

It's a behavior you can only reach installing some plugin.

Tab Mix Plus?

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Thanks, I did do that today because there were a couple of Tutorials I read the other day that I can't seem to find again. I guess that is what prompted my question.

As I read more of the tutorials I must say I become more and more impressed with the abilities of the software, or maybe I should be saying the users of the software that share their abilities with the rest of us.

Thanks for the input and to all who write tutorials -- Thank You, even the simple "How To" on some of the tools - they are great for those us us who are completely new to this software and especially new to photo editing (Like I said I am the definition of newb). So if you think about writing a Tutorial and think "naw that is so simple anyone can do that without me writing a Tutorial" think of me and write it anyway!

By the way what is the clone thing and what can it do?

Someone I work with told me to get the best software "PhotoShop" I looked at the price and thought "yea, right, I want to play around and see what I can do with editing and creating a little something and you think I am paying $300+ with an educational discount? ha! Right, think again!"

Thanks again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

At one point a member called 'lukadad' was in the process of getting permissions from authors to create a tutorial e-book, but s/he seemed to have disappeared off the face of the Earth and nothing came of it unfortunately.

I'll be seeing about a job this Friday, but if I don't get it I'm thinking about picking up where lukadad left off as this has massive potential. And having already .pdf'd the help documents I'm more comfortable about this kind of work.

To convert to pdf, I use this:

http://www.primopdf.com/

All you need to do is hit the print button (or Ctrl+P) on any program that has one and use the printer named "PrimoPDF" and you're done!

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Well, at least for The Sketchpad, I'll make a "Printable Version" stylesheet for future use. This will mean a lot more in the future than it means now...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

It's a behavior you can only reach installing some plugin.

Tab Mix Plus?

Hmm...you might be right. I've had TM+ for about as long as I've had Firefox (3+ years), so I find it difficult to remember...

I don't even REMEMBER what I did before tabbed browsing...

(Checks...) Yes, you're absolutely right. Get Firefox, grab the Tab Mix Plus plugin, and go to town.

As for losing the links on your way home...I understand, this forum changes crazy fast. My suggestion? Post a useful comment on the board, then go into your profile when you get home and choose "Show all posts by..." Easy as pie. Mmmm...Pie...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I'm a one PC user (have one at work, but no external software or internet), so I just bookmark all the tuts I like/want into a special PDN_Tuts folder. I learned the hard way thast a tut, that hasnt been posted on for a few days, can be very, very hard to find :roll:

Juds_Fire_sig.png

100% PDN

...buried underneath a myriad of apply-three-effects-and-you're-done tutorials.

Sometimes I think we should set a minimum standard of utility that tutorials must meet. Right now, it's a mess in there...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

A previous post of mine matches this situation perfectly...

My previous post[/url]":874cd]Guilty of such a tut.

Precisely why I won't be doing many tuts (if any) in the future. I have nothing substantial to offer the community tut-wise, so why bother?