An e-book for all the tutorials!! your allowence needed!!

Do you like the idea? (a tuts e-book)  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea? (a tuts e-book)

• Yes
    • No

I got this idea while viewing some great tuts which where at the far end of the forum. So i am going to create an E-book for most of the tutorials available in here. Of course every author will get credit. I am gonna do it in several languages too. Russian, Georgian, German. And the most important thing is that it is gonna be freeware!!

The following authors have already agreed:

Europe

the0chef

barkbark00

cjmcguinness

Helio

Crazy Man Dan

Picc84

HITMAN-X-

sagedavis

BuzzKill

As long as I am given credit for my work I have no problem letting you e-publish my tutorials.

Be careful, Some of the tutorials on this forum are repros of PS tutorials and the original tutorials may retain some copyrights.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Not requests for tutorials.

Not general "how do I..." type questions.

Tutorial publishing, and only tutorial publishing.

Thanks.

:roll:

You might want to state that the tutorial was converted from a certain PS tutorial and put a link to it if you can.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Not requests for tutorials.

Not general "how do I..." type questions.

Tutorial publishing, and only tutorial publishing.

Thanks.

:roll:

You might want to state that the tutorial was converted from a certain PS tutorial and put a link to it if you can.

so do you allow me to put your Tutorials in????

Yes, with credit.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

I'm torn between whether to move it or not move it. Technically, it's not a tutorial...

I dunno. I let Rick make the tough decisions. It's his forum, after all. :wink:

Regarding permission:

Some of my tutorials (read: Gradients, Drop Shadows) have been made obsolete. Gradients are now built-in to PDN, and there are also two plugins that create gradients. The BoltBait / Illnab tag-team plugin even allows for HSV curve blending. The only use I could see for the old tutorial (nitebyrd's or Rick's methods) is that you can create multi-stage gradients. The Drop Shadow tutorial has also been obviated by a plugin that automates the process.

After the damage is done, I really only have one tutorial: Glass Orbs. Right now, I'm updating that tutorial, as it still is written for 2.5. Jake also has another Orbs tutorial.

And then there's The Basics, my biggest contribution that I've still yet to make...

Sure, you can publish my tutorials. I'll let you know when they're ready for primetime.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I have no problem with you using my tutorial as long as you give credit, and do not sell or make people pay to use them / view them.

I have to ask how ever how will this E-Book work ???. Does it link to the tutorials or is it something else.

but it would be good if (at least the sticked) ones were also on the http://www.getpaint.net homepage and maybe even in different languages =)

Yes I want to do the tutorials in other languages as well. One of my idea with dextut was to try and find people who knows a 2nd language to convent the tutorials to. But it may be hard to find people to do this for free as it does take up time.

Actually, this is a VERY good idea.

If you are making a tutorial ebook, and including the images used (so as they aren't still linked to the website), this would actually keep my bandwidth down some. I have had to up my bandwidth on my site already and the month isn't half way over yet.

I totally would allow permission for any of my tutorials to be added. I have only written one so far, and still need to add some edits to it when I get time.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.

Greetings Luka!

I just got done reading your PM regarding the use of the tutorials I have written. Feel free to do with them as you wish. Rewrite 'em, leave 'em as is, whatever... give credit, don't give credit... it doesn't matter to me either way. Anyway, it sounds like you've got your hands full so, good luck! :D

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I have no problem with you using my tutorial as long as you give credit, and do not sell or make people pay to use them / view them.

I have to ask how ever how will this E-Book work ???. Does it link to the tutorials or is it something else.

but it would be good if (at least the sticked) ones were also on the http://www.getpaint.net homepage and maybe even in different languages =)

Yes I want to do the tutorials in other languages as well. One of my idea with dextut was to try and find people who knows a 2nd language to convent the tutorials to. But it may be hard to find people to do this for free as it does take up time.

Yes you will get credit. No i will not charge for it. Yes i will translate them to as many languages as i know (russian, georgian, german).

I invented the internets... LOL..

Actually though, If you want to split up some bandwidth, you might ask a few people to a host a copy.

I would be willing to host a copy on one or ten of my sites if need be.

Sage

When in doubt, Try it out.

greenandfire.png

I made this sig file using http://www.anim8or.com and making all of the textures with http://www.getpaint.net

I love freeware.

I invented the internets... LOL..

Actually though, If you want to split up some bandwidth, you might ask a few people to a host a copy.

I would be willing to host a copy on one or ten of my sites if need be.

Sage

ok. may i contact you as soon as i finish??

currently i am at an early development stage trying to create a good cover. And also for those who are interested it is gonna be an application, not a web page

Hey, I invented this!

:D

I didn't see this topic earlier.

oh really?!!!! i think that we are thinking pretty similar, because the first idea i had was to create a plug in installer then i was told that you already where working on it. Now i decided to do this, and you come up and say you were doing this earlier. Anyway if so would you let me continue working on this project??