How do you make a sparkle on a piece of jewelry?

Try using a diamond gradient. Set your primary color to white (or a lighter shade of the color you're putting it over) and set your secondary's alpha to 0 (zero).

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Or did you want something like this:

blingsv0.png

Posted by Jake2K in the Pictorium.

I was able to replicate something very similar by selecting a 1px wide band and drawing a linear gradient inside. White as the primary color, and the secondary color's alpha turned all the way down. Then a little motion blur and glow. Then just add another one crossing it.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

That is exactly what i'm lookin for Helio. I am very new to all of this and I have no clue what you are saying...a band? What do you mean by a band? I know about the blue and glow feature...but by band, do you mean just a line? I tried just a line, and it didn't turn out very well. :?

^Exactly.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Try using a diamond gradient. Set your primary color to white (or a lighter shade of the color you're putting it over) and set your secondary's alpha to 0 (zero).

I like your idea better, but if you draw diamond gradient from the center of the image and then use "-200 Bluge" then Adjust as you need...like blurs and such, should give even more natural look.

ea888e24.jpg

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Marilynx, I think you need to read the forum rules. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/

Rule # 11) " Don't reply to very old threads. Also known as "reviving" or "resusitating" old/dead threads. Also called "necroposting" (eww). If there has been no discussion in a thread for, say, 3 months ... then it is dead. Do not reply to it -- pretend like it is locked. If you reply to it, then the thread will be immediately locked and your post may be deleted. Please just create a new thread if you have something to say about that subject. However, this rule does not apply to The Overflow, Tutorials, Pictorium, or Plugins sections of the forum. "

You can start a new thread about the topics that have your interest, and then use quotes and links to reference to old threads.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I don't know what that links to, but this plugin might be helpful: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=21835

Cc4FuzzyHuggles is right, though. We generally don't revive old threads because they are often outdated, so I'll be closing this one. Feel free to start a new one if you still have questions!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo