Is there a free shape tool plugin?

Holy expletive!

That very first thing I tried. The boltbait thing worked not only pretty much perfectly, but it worked better and even more unexpectedly, faster then the freeform shape tool! Thank you! Now I'll just delete all these plugins that came with that one. Which also makes it the first plug-in I have ever kept.

Edited by Humility

• 11 months later...

The 3.5.4 version( and other ones, maybe) had a specific tool that enabled to create free shape polygons.

0320025802968338-photo-paint-net-mikeklo

I'd often used it to fill spaces by giving them a mottled effect, for example to illustrate a leaf or a blur effect in the background (different from the soft focuses obtained in the EFFECTS tab). I've lost it when I've accepted a newer version. :(

I'd just like to know if such a tool could reappear one day on Paint.NET ?

PS :

I'm not reproaching ; I am pleased to draw with your program, and I take this opportunity to thank you for putting it at our disposal.

Edited by Elbie

version 3.5.4 is obsolete. You really should update. Why? Because the latest version (4.0.9) has a fabulous new tool called Shapes.

Find out more here: http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ShapeTools.html

Once you're updated to 4.0.9 you can check out this brilliant plugin for creating your own Shapes: ShapeMaker

You can upload images to the forum by clicking the "More Reply Options" button below, then attaching a file using the "Choose File" button.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

All of the tools are still there in 4.0+  Do you mean the Lasso Select tool :LassoSelectTool: ? Are you thinking of a plugin - perhaps Polygon Tool?

All of the tools are still there in 4.0+

Not entirely true.

This tool has been removed:

MissingTool.png

I think we may be talking to the one and only person to miss that tool. :D

More discussion here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/25598-

post-44727-0-60996900-1456694695_thumb.p

• Upvote 1

Thank you for jogging my memory BoltBait!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hrfugo2d5ppsxdx/2%20-%20Waterfall%20in%20Paradise.png?dl=0

I drew this " painting" with your program. Ok, it's worth what it's worth. I don't pretend to be an artist or control all the fonctions of Paint.NET.

The waterfall, the trunk of the tree and vegetation in the background were painted by using the tool that BoltBait shows above and that have disappeared. I combined two colors by adjusting the colors to the desired density. By ironing on a dark green area with the mouse pointer, the overlap zone then appeared with the second selected color, light green for example. I used this method by performing a brushing round more or less tight and more or less elongated, for creating a motley effect in the concerned areas.

(Sorry for the google translation. I hope it bo be clear enough.)

Maybe nobody used it this way. Maybe for good reasons... But I've liked to.

Edited by Elbie

Please, my first question remanes : :P

" I'd just like to know if such a tool could reappear one day on Paint.NET ? "

I can understand that you're very busy. May be are you yet working on it...

I'll wait. No matter. Bye.