Easy way to remove random single/groups noise pixels ?

avim1968

Hi All

I have pictures that have different objects over a canvas like/un uniform back ground.

I need to remove that background without any part of the objects them self.

I mange to get most of the background out using the magic wand , but i'm left

with many random single/groups of noise pixels left in the picture since

they were not captured with the magic wand.

most of the time i can remove those using the eraser or use the selection tools

with different shapes around the pixels and press delete.

but those methods take lots of time, specially around a complex objects

and as i'm getting near to them, i need to make my selections/eraser radius smaller and smaller.

I have tried to use a plugin called "Reduce Noise" that i found , but it does not work.

can some one tell me a faster way how to remove this noise pixels without any part of the objects?

or can some one point me to a plugin that does this?

a plugin that "scans" the image/selected area and remove all pixels that are surrounded by transparency in it?

This would save me lots of work, and hours of seating removing pixels :-(

thank you

Avi

p.s

I can't always select only the object/s itself/them self and just move it/them to a new picture :-)

p.s.2

maybe a plugin that the user can choose up to what size, a group of pixels, should be removed ?

(i.e. giving the ability to save small image parts if needed)

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

...p

.s.2

maybe a plugin that the user can choose up to what size, a group of pixels, should be removed ?

(i.e. giving the ability to save small image parts if needed)

I love the idea of this!

Xkds4Lh.png

If I understood right, Avim is proposing something different: A plugin that would erase stray pixels but have no effect on areas with a large number of contiguous/touching pixels.

Perhaps with a slider that would allow the user to set areas with a minimum number of touching pixels to be ignored.

Xkds4Lh.png

Would this be of use ? http://forums.getpai...?showtopic=5610 (anti-alias assistant) I have used it following a tute to remove a lot of bits left over :)

Hi nitenurse79

I just tried it, and it does not do what i need , In fact it adds pixels to the image , not removing them. :-(

thank you

Avi

p.s.

But thanks for pointing it to me it would help me somewhere else :-)

If I understood right, Avim is proposing something different: A plugin that would erase stray pixels but have no effect on areas with a large number of contiguous/touching pixels.

Perhaps with a slider that would allow the user to set areas with a minimum number of touching pixels to be ignored.

YES :-)

erase stray pixels , surrounded by transparency.

Avi

(but I guess it could be done even for surrounded by the background/foreground color in the color wheel, or any color

when i think about it more, am I right??)

Got an example of an image that could benefit from this?

Hi Rick

I would ask the permission of the owner of the pictures I'm working on/with

if I can upload them to the forum.

Avi

An example could be an image where you just cut out an object and put it on a transparent background, but you missed erasing a few pixels that are just floating in the middle of nowhere, especially if they are close to transparent. A plugin that will delete stray objects like that would be fairly useful, then, because it can detect such objects better than you can.

As of now, the workaround is to set the magic wand tolerance to 0 and click in the transparent area so the spots are outlined for you to see

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

An example could be an image where you just cut out an object and put it on a transparent background, but you missed erasing a few pixels that are just floating in the middle of nowhere, especially if they are close to transparent. A plugin that will delete stray objects like that would be fairly useful, then, because it can detect such objects better than you can.

As of now, the workaround is to set the magic wand tolerance to 0 and click in the transparent area so the spots are outlined for you to see

Hi pdnnoob

well I'm jumping to the water and trying to create a plugin for this.

I'll keep you updated.

Avi

Much appreciated, avi! Before you get too far, here's some features you may want to add:

1. Transparency Threshold--allow the user to decide how transparent the spots are that will be removed

2. Radius--similar to above, but decides how big the spots are

3. Opacity--instead of just deleting the spots, maybe have a slider that decreases their transparency

4. Spots only--Used as a preview function so you can see what areas are being defined as spots. Should work the same way as the "edge only" checkbox in the "soften edges" plugin (Set the spots to black and everything else to white)

Glad someone with coding knowledge is working on this! Thanks again, avi ;)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Got an example of an image that could benefit from this?

Hi Rick

I would ask the permission of the owner of the pictures I'm working on/with

if I can upload them to the forum.

Avi

I know Avim is working on this, but just so Rick understands what you are referring to there is a tutorial on here "Remove Tricky Backgrounds" which has an attached google doc with the actual tutorial. I believe what he was referring to is shown on the second or third step of the tutorial.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1If-8y_QixkSAwKhbPP3QwZQgnY0TmIqZzsxgGL6non8

• 8 years later...

Though this is an ancient thread, it does seem reasonable to add suggestions for those who might stumble upon it with a search, hoping to find a solution to the problem. In that spirit, I'll add that my Object Pruner plugin may be helpful in some situations.

• 3 weeks later...

Thumbs up on MJW's plugin, a plus is that it works for bigger clusters too!

On that note, I just found out that G'MIC has several filters that help a lot with this kind of cleanup.