Windows 7 Paint ?

Is the Paint in Windows7 the same as paint.net?

I have MSPaint (at least I assumed it's MS) with Vista that has a spraycan with 3 spray area options that I paint MSFlight Sim textures with.

When I tried it with my new Windows 7 machine but I cannot find the spraycan but have found 'fill with colour' but I can't get it to work. I left click & nothing happens......

Thanks.

Rick is too modest, so I'll say it myself.

Paint.net is much better than MS Paint! :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Hey there Terry! Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you could use some help. Try pressing F1 in Paint.NET and you'll be taken to the on-line documentation. These files should help you figure many things out.

A good source of information is the custom search. You can go to the URL http://searchpaint.net/ and search for stuff by keyword. Ctrl + E in Paint.NET does the same, or you can use the menu item Help | Paint.NET Search...

The two are definitely not the same!

Paint.NET is far superior to MS Paint in every way. They even cost the same!

I think you should install Paint.NET - you'll not regret it and you'll have this wonderful forum to help you crack problems.

P.S I bet you've never spoken to the developer of MS Paint.... :)

I'm running on vista and wondering how soon I'll upgrade for the latest PDN 4

Switched to Windows 7 almost when it was released... my vista laptop went 120% faster at every task, also using it on every possible computer since then. My recommendation would be: switch now before Windows 8 releases :P

Edited by qwertyuu

borderg.png

The MS Paint that comes with Windows 7 includes a brush system.

Really? I don't believe I've ever opened it in Win7. Except perhaps by accident (it was closed quickly). I'll have to have a deeper look.

Hi

Well you drove me into opening MSpaint (called paint) on my Win7, something i never did before,

I wanted to see the brushes and how they work.

well they are nice and enable you to some things that Paint.Net don't have/can't do yet.

(but part of it can be done with the brushes plugin)

Other then that MSpaint has nothing to contribute/compare to Paint.Net !!!

even the "shapes" option is something that can be done with plugins on Paint.Net.

case closed on MSpaint !

King Rick your crown is safe ;-)

Avi

"DDAP=Don't Drink And Post!" :-)

I use the 'paint' in Vista to re-texture things for the airfields I make for my flight sim....it (paint) has a wonderful spraycan I use a lot so I'm hoping I'll be able to put the Vista paint into this new Windows7 machine......however wonderful these others paints might be they don't do what I want.

(but part of it can be done with the brushes plugin)

Other then that MSpaint has nothing to contribute/compare to Paint.Net !!!

The Win7 MS Paint brush system is more sophisticated than our own brush plugin. I would love that functionality built-in to Paint.NET.

Vista paint does EXACTLY what I want when repainting flight sim textures which is why I want it in my Windows7 machine.

I'm glad to say a very helpful chap in the Windows7 forum has told me how to install the paint from Vista & I now have a working copy doing just what I want......

I'm sure the other paints of whatever hue are very good but sophistication isn't what I'm after.......