Zeri [The Imperium of Images] - 39 Pictures (updated 26/9/2012, 1:36 PM.)

Xzerizon

Thank you!

Adorable!

... It's cute? :P

By the way, is 'cranking them out' a good thing or should I spend more time on the images?

iPod1.png

Edited by Xzerizon

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Very true, Welshy. Zeri's ideas are great but now it's time to stretch a bit more.

Tutes are great, Zeri. You will learn & grow so much in a fairly short time. I can tell you that those who are great PDNers did their fair share of practice with tutes, me included. I may have already mentioned this. I am still trying out tutes :)

The fact that you ask about the cranking out shows that you are very serious about becoming better at your art. Good on you!

Oma, & Ash, yes, they did the same for me but more Oma since we share a passion for the abstract. I remember her telling everyone "Don't you DARE rush this image!" Those words echo in my head every time I start a new one & want to post it.

It is going to be a pleasure to watch you grow :)

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

You are really doing great @Zeri - keep up the great work. I love your Energy signature and the 'swirleys' are awesome. So glad you'll be naming things, which makes it easier for us to comment. I find it hard to know when to 'end' a piece and move on. It's good to be cautious and to take care, but the down side for me is that after a while my 'eye' gets lazy and it misses obvious flaws. Look forward to viewing your work :smile: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Because of all the long posts, I won't quote.

Welsh, you are NOT harsh. You give good advice. You shouldn't put yourself down like that! :c

The background of the ruins, I rendered some light clouds and then smudged them. I didn't use the fragment blur, but I will keep your critique in mind.

I will try to be more attentive to detail. I thought I was being somewhat realistic, but obviously I have a long way to go.

Alright, for my next work, I'll take a glass halfway filled with water, stare at it for a while, and then try to make it in PDN. I hope it comes out good!

I don't want to be above using reference photos, but I have a tendency to just trust my imagination. It has served me well in writing

Barbieq, I really want to improve, yes! With the work of masters like you spread across these forums, I feel like it would be a disgrace to just post art made with mediocre effort.

For the record, I don't rush images. I just add more and more details until eventually I can't really add anything more without upsetting the image, pretty much. Since I'm not that good with PDN, I run into this wall within two hours.

Likewise, it will be a pleasure to watch me grow. ;)

Nanettq, thank you for the compliment. About the eye getting tired... I read in your gallery that you flip the image every five minutes to wake up your eye. How does that work? It makes your eye see things in a new way?

Thank you all for all the good advice.

I made the following images while watching a movie, so I didn't do much in the way of studying. Hopefully, these are the last images made in a quicker way.

This

Multi-Dimensional-Grid

Multi-Grid.png

somehow turned into this

-Foliage-

Foliage.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Zeri, rushing an image is not about doing it quickly but letting it develop as you say - adding more detail + knowing when to stop :)

Flipping an image makes you see it in a new light. You've seen optical illusions where the eye will fill in gaps...same happens when we look at our own work for a while - the image is printed onto our brain so we don't always see what is there or not there.

New images - the first one is like looking up at a skylight or similar of a very tall building with trees. I love the geometry & the softness as well as the colours. Really very nice!

The second one is very dark (I love dark & moody & this hits the spot for me). It makes me think of a dark deep river & the song by Missy Higgins

I guess for me these suit my mood at the moment. I just buried one of my rats that died as I held her. But life goes on & she had a great life.

What great wallpapers these would make!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I really like the image titled, "Foliage." If it would've been only different tints of green and with a few sparkles, it would be a great Christmas wallpaper. Keep up the great work with the different patterns. You can put all those ideas together into one and create a fabulous scenery. Not that your wallpapers aren't great, but just another idea on how you can make a new composition. I challenge you to create a starship/spaceship using the techniques you showed us here with a complete view of space in the background. I'd really like to see it. I imagine you creating something in those lines.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you for the compliments and advice. I will get on that challenge soon, HELEN.

I haven't gotten around to creating the glass of water yet, but I will be making it soon.

I made a tutorial on uploading images for renee. I want to know what you think.

th_1_zps94ec3cc6.png

th_2_zpsb362a3b6.png

th_3_zps0e42dee1.png

th_4_zps790ae47c.png

th_5_zps6465f240.png

th_6_zpsc98f01e3.png

th_7_zps63e77b05.png

th_8_zpsda232128.png

th_9_zps68a78ac5.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 3 weeks later...

I felt it has been too long and this post is too big for editing the last post.

Sorry I've been absent for so long. I've been busy.

I will not be doing the glass of water. My abilities just aren't up to glass-making level yet.

Awkward Failure

AwkwardFaliure.png

Liquid Blade Sig

LiquidBladeSig.png

Cops VS Robbers V2 Logo

CopsandRobbersLogo3.png

A work in progress.

Concrete Plaza

ConcretePlaza.png

A side effect of it.

Grenade Sig

GrenadeSig.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Not being able to make a glass of water, as in, I can't handle the distortion effect. The gloss is also hard to pull off. I'm trying to go the extra mile and make a background to show off how the glass distorts, but it just doesn't work. Next will be the advanced spacescape.

Also, thanks for the compliments. Is the Concrete Plaza WIP looking realistic? I plan to add stuff like benches to it.

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Concrete Plaza looks good - not sure it reminds me of concrete as such - possibly an ice-rink after robots have been skating on it :D.

Nice image in its own right though!

Glass/water distortions of the background image are tricky if its not a geometic shape. You've just have to dive in (not to the glass of water) and find a method that works for you. Liquify (another pun :lol: ) does help if you look at a real glass of water and work out how it's distorting.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I call it concrete plaza because it reminds me of a plaza more than anything else.

Haha! The puns... Yeah. It's a daunting task for me.

Concrete Plaza Progress

ConcretePlaza-1.png

Making good on HELEN's challenge.

Station in Orbit

StationinOrbit.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Oh, wow. Your ideas are so interesting! Btw, is the chair supposed to float? If not, then try to move the shadow closer to the legs of the chair and make the shadow darker. I'm impressed with this image. Really nice. I'd love to see what you'll add to the image.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks for the critique. I haven't had much time to sit down and make art, recently. (I've also run into a Skyrim phase...)

Enchanted Series: Firebrand

EnchantedFirebrand.png

Enchanted Series: Splasher/Splash Damage

EnchantedSplasher.png

Enchanted Series: Sandstorm Scimitar/Nomad Blade

EnchantedSandstorm.png

Dynamics Logo Reworked:

th_DynamicsLogoProgress.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, dug.

Oh yeah. On another note, I just had my birthday a few days ago. :D

Anything to Do Banner

AnythingtoDoBanner.png

Overwall Logo 3

OverwallLogo3.png

Steel and Silver Signature

SteelandSilver.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Happy belated birthday, Zeri. I hope you had a great day. By the way, awesome new pieces. The steel and silver sig are nice. The "Zeri" text is lovely. I like how it's giving off a subtle glow.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...

HELEN and barbieq - Thank you for the birthday wishes and compliments. The Steel and Silver siggy is a work in progress; what should I add to it? :o

Sozo - I'll get on it soon. :D

Water World

WaterWorld.png

Corruption - Alderiin Armor Template (for a game)

Corruption-AlderiinArmor.png

Butterfly II/Flower

Butterfly2.png

Zeri Watermark/Zeri Sign

ZeriWatermark.png

Enchanted Series: Dagger of Darkness/Shaded Danger

DaggerofDarkness.png

Zeri Tablet

ZeriTablet.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 3 weeks later...

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

You made all these in PDN? Really good. The Knights of Avalon has such a realistic texture. Love it. The explosion looks like it was just photographed and softened, in other words, perfected in Paint.NET. The TDE logo is sleek. By the way, will it be used for something? Nice new sig, too. ;)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA