Zeri [The Imperium of Images] - 39 Pictures (updated 26/9/2012, 1:36 PM.)

Xzerizon

This thread is a compilation of my works so far. I know it isn't large, but I expect to add to it as time moves on. Overlarge images will be shown as thumbnails.

Recent update log:

Recent updates:

26/9/2012, 1:36 PM

1, two updates spread across two sections. 39 pictures

22/9/2012, 8:23 AM

1, just various updates to three sections. Four more pictures making 37 pictures total.

_____________________________|

Index:

1st button, Avatars/Siggies. 3 items.

2nd button, Logos. 10 items.

3rd button, Space Art. 6 items

4th button, Mechanical Drawings. 3 items.

5th button, Ads. 3 items.

6th button, Dynamics. 4 items.

7th button, Other, 8 items.

ZeriCube.png

^I made this as my avatar. The cube was made by making the individual sides and using Layer>Rotate/Zoom.

ZeriSig-1.png

^Made that a looong time ago, back around when I first started using paint.NET. I followed a cool metal text tutorial, the rest... is a secret! :P Kidding. Anyways, I actually forgot most of what I did- I am not good at writing down stuff on the go. I also applied another one of my creations to give it a mechanical, sci-fi feel.

AnotherZeriSig.png

^My latest siggy. A gray scale.

ZeriSphere.png

^Newest avatar.

Logos:

Logos-

th_TheFernGames.png

^Overlarge image. I was bored, I was playing around with fire and some other plugins, so I came up with this catastrophe. The Fern Games- Where people run around smacking each other with ferns.

OverwallLogoII.png

^A logo for a group on this online game thingy called ROBLOX. Some fun stuff with Shape3D, Bevel Selection, and more.

OverWalllogo.png

^This was the previous logo for that ROBLOX group. I have no idea how it actually came into existance, so don't ask me to make a tutorial if you like it or something.

BRFIIAssociation.png

^Another ROBLOX group logo. Took some tricks off of the Advancedish Planet - V2 tutorial, and made this.

VortexaFlights.png

^Made this for a contest. Not really much to say here.

AALogo.png

^A group on ROBLOX: Alpha's Agents. This is their logo. I made it.

TeamValourLogo.png

^Alpha's Agents transfered into a new group: Team Valour. This is the logo.

SoarnexLogo.png

^I'm preparing to make a group on ROBLOX called Soarnex Empire. The logo is above.

LogoBackground.png

^A background for a logo. All it needs is text.

Space Art:

Space Art-

MeteoriteEye.png

^I had followed Ash's Realistic eyes(EASY) tutorial. I tinkered around with the results a bit, added some zoom blur, and then I added some fire, and was like 'OH YEAH A METEORITE'.

th_Earth.png

^Overlarge image. This has got to be one of my best works. I combined stuff like Color Zoom Blur and Conditional Hue/Saturation with Mr.Bobert's Advancedish Planet - V2 tutorial. It made a realistic view of earth from the air. Make sure to click on Download image for full size.

Aquine.png

^One of my earlier works, made completely from scratch without a tutorial. Used Lens and Lightning and stuff on this.

OutboundFlight.png

^This is a fun little thing I did for a contest. Space travel agency, with in-atmosphere services to boot. What has the universe come to?

th_SpaceScape1.png

^Been dabbling in dramatic space scapes lately.

SpaceScape2.png

^Woo, more spacescapes!

Mechanical Drawings:

Mechanical Drawings-

Circuitry.png

^Awesome circuitry-like design. The hexagonal grid plugin + Glass blocks plugin works wonders to make this kind of stuff.

Disk.png

^While I was working on the above design, I applied a radial blur and came out with this, which I saved to another file. Next step: add text and stuff onto the disk to make my own game!

Powergrid.png

^I made some gold foil, and applied the glass blocks trick... and bam, I got a full power grid. I really love Glass Blocks.

Ads:

Ads

AABox.png

AABanner.png

AASkyscraper.png

^Ads for a ROBLOX group.

Dynamics:

Dynamics

DynamicsThumbnail.png

^The logo/thumbnail for Dynamics.

HolotransCompanyLogo.png

^A fictional company in the game Dynamics. Holotrans.

BlueFace.png

^This is going to be the default face for players in the game.

NemesisMark.png

^The mark of the enemy in the game.

Other:

Stuff that I don't know where else to fit-

IronCrosshair.png

^I had a picture of sand. I did some InsideOut on it, Drop Ripple, and Hue/Saturation. It came out pretty nicely.

XzerizonsLogo.png

^The way this came into existence was kinda strange. I had drawn some lines with some soft outlines making a crude gradient (I was trying to make a fire across a line.) I hit InsideOut and it made this general shape. I did some multi-direction trail on it, and bam.

th_Gauntlet.png

^Overlarge image. A gauntlet I accidently made while trying to think of a basic beginners Tutorial for Making a Parachute. I'm fiddling with the idea of making a tutorial out of it, if I can remember exactly how I did it. What do you guys think?

WoodenFrameExperiment.png

^Something else I am considering making a tutorial for. A nice wooden frame with shiny light. :P But, I need your feedback to make a tutorial out of it.

SoarnexThumbnail.png

^The thumbnail for the Soarnex Empire.

Wood.png

^Some nice wood.

Clothessmudged.png

^These are some clothes I made with Smudge. It's a great tool for making these.

PossibleCivilianTower-1.png

^I've taken on the massive task of making a sci-fi city in paint.NET. This is a possible civilian tower.

Please tell me if any of the images need to be smaller. I hope you enjoyed this gallery.

Edited by Xzerizon
  • Upvote 1

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Xerizon - welcome to the forums!

I like your images so far & it great to see you experimenting. I think the Aquine image is my fave.

You could always post up thumbnails instead. I don't like having to click on "Show hidden content". Personal preference.

Take a peek here http://forums.getpai...s-and-avatars/ Could answer your questions on the image size etc. & what to do about it.

Very cool sig & avi too!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Xerizon - welcome to the forums!

I like your images so far & it great to see you experimenting. I think the Aquine image is my fave.

You could always post up thumbnails instead. I don't like having to click on "Show hidden content". Personal preference.

Take a peek here http://forums.getpai...s-and-avatars/ Could answer your questions on the image size etc. & what to do about it.

Very cool sig & avi too!

Thanks, bar! I hope to have fun and learn a lot here.

Aquine was pretty fun to make- it was one of my first space art works.

Thumbnails confuse me. Could you tell me exactly how they work? The reason I put 'Show hidden content' is so people don't have to load all the images if they have a slow computer.

Yeah. Already looked at that. Thumbnails STILL confuse me. D':

Well, thanks!

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Thumbnails are like a tiny preview of your image that you can click if you decide it is worth waiting for the full-size to load. So in this case, if I look at a thumbnail of your image, decide that it is worth taking a better look, I can click on it (actually, I open it in a new tab, so I can go back to the original post & make a comment.

In Photobucket you already have the link there to a thumbnail. Turn off the "link to album" or whatever it is called. That way it just loads the image & not the whole album.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Alright. I'll try doing that.

In the mornings, I need to re-size the Fern Games thingy. It actually doesn't take up 1000x1000 space, which means it is sapping memory from my computer. D:

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Thanks, welsh!

As an experienced paint.NET user, do you have any tips for me?

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Yeah, like Welshy kinda said - we are all still learning. Me - I didn't know about the thumbnail/new tab thingy.

He is quite right too in saying that all you have to do is ask & try the tutes. You may not get the outcome you hope for but you will learn heaps.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Okay. I do see what you mean.

After I followed Mr.Bobert's tutorial, my way of designing completely changed. Now I use his texturing method in almost everything I do.

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Great images so far! I really, really like your avatar and sig as well as the logos (the leaf/fire-looking one). Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Glad you like the avatar/sig/logos. I guess you could say emblems are my specialty.

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Something I forgot to mention...

My gallery will work by editing the original post. I will not post subsequent images individually, so check back at the original post and the 'update log' for the newest pictures and their location.

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I really like your avatar :D Can you make a tutorial for how to make one like it?

Thanks! Which part of the avatar do you want? The floor, the cube, or the text?

Cool gallery so far Xzerizon, love what I see here :)

Thanks. :D

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 1 month later...

Don't worry, Hougesen, I will get it done soon enough: I have a LOT of projects to wade through.

Since this is a large update, I am going to post the newest pictures here.

Get ready for a flood of pictures.

SoarnexThumbnail.png

TeamValourLogo.png

HolotransCompanyLogo.png

DynamicsThumbnail.png

BlueFace.png

NemesisMark.png

Wood.png

SoarnexLogo.png

Clothessmudged.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Thank you everyone!

New images. Some space scapes which I am really proud of; a logo background; and a tower for a sci-fi city.

th_SpaceScape1.png

LogoBackground.png

SpaceScape2.png

PossibleCivilianTower.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

I changed the topic title to a flashier name. :P

Also, about so much of my work being greyscale mixed with color...

On ROBLOX, I work with a lot of groups, creating logos. And on ROBLOX, greyscale with color (mostly a metallic effect) is pretty much the only accepted standard for art. So I have a lot of experience in that area, although I like to think I'm better than quite a few people on ROBLOX at it. ;)

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

a good start on the tower I must say, but, it does look a bit flat...

have you ever seen the rules or some theory about 3d drawing? the ball on top is good of course, but the underneath must look a bit more round as well...maybe use the 3d object plugin for it? try to make it a bit more round on the sides, it will be okey then :)

I like the way you did the windows. Very good start on the sci-fi city. Some works like this can take a very long time to complete. Don't rush it. We'd love to see the work in progress. In doing that you can get the benefit of much more experience & eyes.

I was just thinking too that there are a few things that could be converted into buildings for sci-fi. For example, the work of Sargon on the Fans board: http://pdnfans.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=galleries&action=display&thread=15&page=11

There are a few pieces in the the tutes that may work for your too, like the kiosk ball. At least you can get an idea of how to do something. Try them out. Some may work better than others. Remember to keep a PDN file of the finished word so you can go back & change things if you need to. Most tutes tell you to flatten the image - DON'T. I'm not sure if Ash posted his Lava Lamp tute here too. Might be another good thing to use even if you only use it for the highlight/shape. See, now you've got me thinking too :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012