Paint.NET tutoring?

Really hope that I am posting this is the right place.

Anyway...

Hi everyone.

Being that I’m new to the Paint.Net program, I was wondering if maybe someone could tutor me in using the program . You see, I really wanted to take a Photoshop course, but I really don’t have the money for it and I don’t know when I’ll have the money for it. I was looking at grants, but my state is broke, so grants aren’t a way I can go, for the time being.

After some internet searching, I stumbled upon Paint.Net and loved that it was free and similar to Photoshop. My only problem is, I don’t have very much experience when it comes to creating abstract or any other kind of images, or how to make them look good, or photo editing, There’s loads of things I would love to do with the program, because I like to explore my creative side. I’ve looked at some of the tutorials, before I signed up to this forum, but here’s the thing… When a tutorial calls for a specific image size, what if when you complete it and love it but you want to make a bigger image of the creation without using the resize feature, what do you do to make sure that the image creation still looks as nice as the smaller version?

I don’t know, basically, I’m just lost and looking for help. I just really want something more to do with my time and distract me from my very bad anxiety disorder. If my mind is busy doing something I can have fun with, I can counter my attacks better.

So anyone up for taking me on and teaching me some stuff with the best descriptions of explaining things as possible?

I would really, really, REALLY appreciate it, if someone could help me out here.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added descriptive thread title.

Hello & welcome!

The truly wonderful thing about this forum is that you can try out the tutorials & many of the tute writers will help you with specific questions in regard to the tute & the problems you are having with it or other posters may help you out.

Also, the reason we have a rule about thread titles like yours is so that if anyone has a similar question, they can use the search function but if everyone uses "Help, I'm new!" imagine how the results of the search would look.

So perhaps you could edit your thread title to something like: Anyone want to tutor me one-to-one?

Many of us have found out how to use the program but following the tutes. It is an excellent way to learn tips, tricks & techniques as well as providing inspiration for your own ideas & images. There is also an excellent help file with the program that allows you to perform searches, view tutorials & much more.

So rather than having just one person to help you with the program - you have many but you need to make a start. Choose something easy & post your results in the tute thread & perhaps you may like to start your own gallery so you can chart your progress. Just don't compare your results with other people's. Art is a journey that is personal. You will get constructive criticism if you ask.

Looking forward to seeing your images! :mrviolet:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Hi 'figment',

Welcome to the forum!

I've edited your thread title to better describe your request. As Barbieq25 mentioned, descriptive thread titles make the forum searchable. So we make descriptive thread titles mandatory.

Starting out:

1. Have a look at the forum rules found here

2. Press F1 in Paint.NET to be taken to the online documentation. There is a lot of excellent information there.

3. Try some of the beginner tutorials: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/forum/20-beginner-tutorials/. They are designed as an easy entry point to Paint.NET.

And above all, read read read. There are some tutorials on here that accomplish magic in ways I would have never thought of. And I'm the author of Paint.NET!

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

When I first started using PDN several years ago I looked on You Tube for tuts as well. You will find lots of very helpful ones that guide you through the most basic functions up to the more complex ones. And as Rick said - take a look at all the tuts here. You soon pick it up and the guys ( and gals! ) here will always help out if you have a problem. :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

After you master some of the simple tutorials, you'll want to learn how to install plugins.

Plugins extend the functionality of Paint.NET by adding new Effects, Adjustments, and file types.

Here is a page I wrote that explains how to install plugins: Installing Paint.NET plugins.

You can find more plugins here: http://www.getpaint.net/redirect/plugins.html