Lines - three simple questions (I hope!)

Still stomping my way through learning this product but growing to love it.

1) How can I create an irregular polygon using the line tool without using separate lines?

2) How can I extend an existing line?

3) How can I select.modify a line/curve that I added to a drawing both well after the line has been drawn and/or when the image is edited at another distinct session.

there are workarounds--

1 make a normal polygon on a seperate layer, then distort it.. oblique and perspective can work as well as rotate layer under the layer tab

2 if your line is on a seperate layer(or thick enough) slect the line and use the Move Selected Pixels tool to draw it out by pulling the "handle" on one end--this is the blue arrow in the tool window

3 if your line is on a seperate layer several of the distort effects could work-- bulge, sin waves,etc

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Wait, what? What about the irregular polygonal tool?

It's right next to the line tool and other elipse, rectangle, rounded rectangle tools.

Am I thinking of something completely different?

The other two things are impossible though. Once placed on an image they can no longer be edited :l

Here's a nifty trick though.

While you're adjust your line, press 'Ctrl' to hide those squares. This can help give you a better idea of what the line will look like on your image. You can't edit the line with those squares gone though. To bring them back, press Ctrl again.

SamusSig-1.png

Wait, what? What about the irregular polygonal tool?

It's right next to the line tool and other elipse, rectangle, rounded rectangle tools.

Am I thinking of something completely different?

The other two things are impossible though. Once placed on an image they can no longer be edited :l

Here's a nifty trick though.

While you're adjust your line, press 'Ctrl' to hide those squares. This can help give you a better idea of what the line will look like on your image. You can't edit the line with those squares gone though. To bring them back, press Ctrl again.

That would be the "freeform shape" tool which acts like the lasso select. In other words, it is nearly impossible to use :/

Cool little nifty trick, though. I honestly didn't know that till just now lol. I guess my username still holds true! xD

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Guys

Thanks for the replies. Consider enquiry closed.

What are the chances of getting a irregular polygon tool added.

My application is a lot of old newspaper articles that have been scanned and need the edges tidying. Is there an area that this can be submitted for consideration?

Couldn't you just use selections to crop it out?

SamusSig-1.png

How about trying Red Ochre's new Composition Tool? It works with rectangular areas (you define the area that you wish to keep). It can also handle rotational corrections too.