API Help

larthur1022

Hi All,

I've used Paint.NET for a long time but never had to do anything beyond the basics :) I recently found an interesting use for the red-eye effect and need to use the API to implement it. However I also found the unfortunate blog post about why the source code is not available anymore (what happened to you sucks, Rick). Is there anywhere I can find examples on how to use the API, or would anyone be willing to help? Thanks in advance and I'll be continuing to try and figure the API out sans source and documentation until I hear a response.

edit: I actually think I've got this done programmatically without using the API, but a pointer towards any docs or examples would still be appreciated!

Edited by larthur1022

Hi larthur1022, welcome to the forum.

Your question is not a tutorial. Therefore it does not belong in the Newbie Playground sub-section of the Tutorial area.

Tell you what - I'll move this to the Paint.net Programming / Development section (Plugin Developer's Central) for you.

<moved>

BoltBait wrote a series of tutorials on how to write effects using CodeLab.

You could also use a tool like ILSpy to look at the built-in Paint.NET Effects to see how they are written, and a few of the plugins on the forum also have source code. ;)

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait