Can I sharpen text?

I had never touched any sort of photo editing software until about 8 months ago when I decided to give my non-profit group's newsletter some pizazz and I have fallen in LOVE with Paint.NET! Now I'm a manager on the graphics team for our national site! I've added a few fonts, and just today braved adding some plug-ins. My issue is this:

Our official fonts are Baby Boston and Arial. I love Baby Boston, but am having some issues with sharpness. Especially white text on dark background, but really it's sharpness overall. It can appear pixilated, and non of my teammates (who all use photoshop elements) seem to have this problem. Can someone please help me figure this out? The stuff we do is very simple, so this is really bugging me. Here's an example:

lrmcoffeeflyer.jpg

I had never touched any sort of photo editing software until about 8 months ago when I decided to give my non-profit group's newsletter some pizazz and I have fallen in LOVE with Paint.NET! Now I'm a manager on the graphics team for our national site! I've added a few fonts, and just today braved adding some plug-ins. My issue is this:

Our official fonts are Baby Boston and Arial. I love Baby Boston, but am having some issues with sharpness. Especially white text on dark background, but really it's sharpness overall. It can appear pixilated, and non of my teammates (who all use photoshop elements) seem to have this problem. Can someone please help me figure this out? The stuff we do is very simple, so this is really bugging me. Here's an example:

lrmcoffeeflyer.jpg

I know it sounds obvious,but have you tried,Effects+Photo+Sharpen?

me.png             

Thanks for the tips! Yes, I've tried Effects+Photo+Sharpen and the change is minimal. And yes, I do use XP. I'd LOVE to have Windows 7, but it's just not in the budget (using free software on a hand-me-down laptop).

I'll give the glaussian blur and duplicate layers a try.

Edited by runningmom

Win his computer by telling him he needs something more powerful. Tell him you think Crysis2 lags on his system. Works with a gamer every time boltbait.wink.png