my paint.net application just disappeared?

okay so i went on my computer to use paint.net but when i loooked at my desktop its not there. so i searched it on the windows thingy and still it didnt show up. the only thing i deleted was the paint.net install program but now that's the only thing that's left....i wwas wondering why it did this..thanks

Reinstalling the latest version and the plugins seems to be required. You still have the have the installation file so that should not be too difficult.

Question: If you deleted the downloaded file and it still remains then are you _sure_ you deleted that and not something else?

I guess this is a good reason not to delete stuff unless you're certain you know what they are for and that you can live without them.

Before two days when I am going to delete another account then by mistake I deleted paint.net folder. Because of this I reinstall paint.net as moderator suggest in above post. I reinstalled successfully but now it is in newest version and I am familiar with only older version so give a link for older version of paint.net.

Edited by oliviathn

Before two days when I am going to delete another account then by mistake I deleted paint.net folder. Because of this I reinstall paint.net as moderator suggest in above post. I reinstalled successfully but now it is in newest version and I am familiar with only older version so give a link for older version of paint.net.

Use the new one nao!! It is better...

BTW, Read the rules.

qoute:

7) You must be using the latest version of Paint.NET, available here. This is a requirement. If you want to stay with an older version then that is your right, but we cannot help you. If you are unable to upgrade, then please post in the troubleshooting section.

This is to avoid posts that go like this:

Person A: How do I do ______ ?

Person B: Oh just click on _____ and then do _____

Person A: I can't find it :'( :'(

Person B: Well make you sure you look over ______ and click on _____ first

Person A: I still can't find it!!! :'(

Person B: (suddenly gains psychic insight) Oh, make sure you have the latest version installed.

Person A: (suddenly gains the power of the latest version) Yes! IT works now!

If everyone has the latest version, we can skip all the rigamarole. Pre-release versions, such as alphas and betas, do not count as the "latest version" for this rule.

and

8) Do not ask for older versions of Paint.NET. This is a corollary to #7, but I'm spelling it out separately anyway. We will not provide download links for them -- you are on your own to find them (hint: try a search engine). Along with this, don't ask about Windows 2000 support. Seriously. You may think you have some new question or insight, and that's definitely possible, but this is not something that will be added back in to a future release of Paint.NET. End of discussion. If you want to complain about this, then don't talk about it here -- just write on your blog or something instead, please.

anyway reported.

EDIT: Broke one.

Edited by N00Bz

No, no reason to delete it. The original poster had a valid question and that was answered. This makes this thread a resource others can find and use.

To stop more off-topic discussions about the unavailability of old PDN versions (well answered in the rules #7 & #8 btw ) I'll apply my moderator lock...,

<locked>