(Discontinued) Weylin's Emporium: Follow/Add me on DA

warfighter67

Okay here goes a mini tut:

You will need Illnab1024's Alpha Mask plugin. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=1854

As well as Drop Shadow. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=1143

0. Important! *** Make sure whatever you plan on making, make it twice the size as your desired finished product, this is needed to get the beveling looking correctly!

1. Make your texture/backround whatever you like.

2. Add a new layer, and set primary color to black.

3. Add text, preferable large font. I used an outline font, called Iron Maiden from 1001(or 1000?)freefonts.com or something like that, I forgot. But it looks fine without an outline font as well.

4. Select all (Ctrl+A), and then cut (Ctrl+C). Do NOT delete the empty layer, it will make a step in the future a bit more convenient.

5. Go to your texture/backround layer, and go to Effects -> Alpha Mask. Use at default settings and click OK

6. Select the magic wand tool, set tolerance to 0%, and fill mode to global. Select anywhere in your texture/backround (NOTE: if you have a texture, or an otherwise reason why you cannot select the full backround in one click with magic wand, select the transparent area of the of the image (the text that you alpha masked) and press Ctrl+I to invert the selection)

7. Remember that empty layer I told you to save? If you didn't, create a new one. Go to Effects -> Selection -> Bevel Selection. Use all default settings, and set the depth to 1. Deselect everything by pressing [Enter]

8.1. OPTION ONE of completing this step: Go to Effects -> Object -> Drop Shadow. Mess with Offsets X/Y, Blur Radius, and Opacity until you are satisfied with the outcome.

8.2. OPTION TWO: Duplicate your texture/backround layer and repeat step 8.1, except this time, Uncheck "Keep original Image"

9. Resize the image to 50% to get the final outcome.

black border looks good..shows off the green very well IMO. :mrgreen:

like the yellow tiled one too but cannot link to larger view..would like to see it larger..

very nice work Weylin.

regards j.d.

• 1 month later...

SOTW 43 Music Entry:

DarkspaceSigPNG.png

It's been awhile since I messed around in PDN. Sorry about the jaggies, but I just could not remove them, but, imo, it doesn't look half bad like that.

I really like this. It makes me wish it were larger though. It looks like the original size might have had so much more detail. I know it's for a sig, so you had to downsize it, but I would like to see you do something similar in a larger work so the detail could shine through. This would have been great for the current AOTW 3D Typography.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE