removebg type background remover plug-in native to Paint.net?

I know this has been discussed in older threads but i'm curious now in q4 2023 if there is a plugin that removes background faster than using the magic wand tool?

I know there is a plug-in to use the remove.bg website but I need this without any online access on a airgapped system so I can download the plugin and move it to that network.

What plug-in exists that makes this easier than magic wand tool?

thanks

Sorry, there isn't one.

You could try using the Windows Photos program.  I don't believe it requires an online service, but I have not confirmed yet.

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2023/11/17/windows-photos-gets-background-remove-and-replace-along-with-other-improvements/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

2 hours ago, honeybadger8 said:

there is no new plugin for Paint.net in Q4 2023 similar to remove.bg with AI type filtering

Correct.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of support in the Plugin Developers section if you want to code one up.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:18 PM, honeybadger8 said:

I know this has been discussed in older threads but i'm curious now in q4 2023 if there is a plugin that removes background faster than using the magic wand tool?

I know there is a plug-in to use the remove.bg website but I need this without any online access on a airgapped system so I can download the plugin and move it to that network.

What plug-in exists that makes this easier than magic wand tool?

thanks

I have produced a video tutorial on how you can use remove.bg and Paint.Net here:

You could also use G'Mic and a tool within the software to extract your object from the background. G'Mic is a plug-in that you can use. I have used the tool myself with varying success.

https://postimg.cc/7bxWRNPx

Finally, you can use Paint 3D - which are installed for free on Windows - and watch this video by Kevin Stratvert to see how you can use Paint 3D with Paint.NET. I have used his method with varying success.

With that being said, my preferred technique is the first method described in the video tutorial of using remove.bg and Paint.NET.

• Upvote 2