Can't locate Paint.Net program

Go to solution Solved by Ego Eram Reputo,

Greetings,

My Windows program was recently changed, so I had to reinstall Paint.Net. The problem I ran into is that I can't find where the application is saved. I checked into Program Files where it should be, but apparently, it's not there. The Paint.net application works, but since I can't locate its program files, I can't install the plugins. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

BH.

PaintNet1.png

PaintNet2.png

PaintNet3.png

Looks like you installed the Store version.  So, you don't need to know where the files are located.

8 minutes ago, Ambreville said:

I can't install the plugins.

You install plugins in a different place for the Store version.  Read this page (near the bottom):

https://getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html

7 minutes ago, Ambreville said:

The Paint.net application works, but since I can't locate its program files, I can't install the plugins. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

You have the Microsoft Store version, its plugins are installed in a different location.

See https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• Solution