Animated Rain Tutorial

This is my go.

Good? A bit hard because its the second time I've used PAINT.NET. Best program ever. Much better then my crappy Fireworks =P The files are always too big. I hate it. BUT PAINT.NET IS THE BEST PROGRAM EVERRRRRS [/endhugepaint.netcompliment]

EDIT: Its removed. Not animated and too big. THe file was too big too add. Help please?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6270

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

• 2 weeks later...
Rain.gif

That is absolutely cool, so don't take this as critisism... BUT... If you really wanted to take it to the next level, you could add some "ripples" to the water where the rain is hitting it in the foreground. I know... easier said than done... but that would be very cool.

Total hack.

Cool! Now I'm writing a tut on making animated snow.

Here are my results:

Horse in meadow w/ rain and lightning:

lightningtotal2.gif

Horse in meadow w/ rain

rainhorsetotal.gif

Meadow w/ rain

rainymeadow.gif

Hi. Yes. No. Uh-huh. Of course. Well, I don't know what you're sayin', but if you wanna leave a message at the beep...

That lightning effect is pretty cool, guys. I applaud that. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

The Example pic in the tut is so pretty! :mrgreen:

Thanks. :P

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

This tutorial really taught me something, thanks!

shido.gif

I'm glad you liked it. ;)

I think you should try making your rain less intense though.

The tutorial has now been updated to be more beginner friendly. :D

• 4 weeks later...
i made the rain more noticable and the lightning is improved! :D:D:D

RainingWolfSigbetter.gif

I think you should make the rain less intense because it looks like too much. Your original image also looks too blurry. Good work though and thanks for using my tutorial. :wink:

Very nice job on this tutorial. Looks a lot like real rain. And I like the image you used for the example; fits the rain perfectly. Overall, I give your tutorial a 9/10. :D

I also would like to make a minor correction about your tut... On Step 7, you have listed to go to "Effects > Blue > Motion Blur," but, to my knowledge, there is no "Blue" sub-section. :lol:

I figured out that you meant Blur pretty darn quick, but some.... "Beginners" might not; since you are aiming towards a more user-friendly/beginner-friendly tutorial.

Good Job, though. 8)

Sig.png

-Xbox LIVE Gamertag: L1ke 20 N1njas

I have switched to a new account:

~L1ke 20 N1njas~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
my image flickers...... :(

i followed each step exactly.. i have the rain but some black bars are popping up....

Flickers?

Make sure that the frame delay in UnFreez is set to zero. Also: if your intern connection isn't that well than rain images tend to flicker. :wink: