Animated Rain Tutorial

hey shock can u help me i followed ur tut untill the unfreez thing i put the things in in ornder and then clicked on make animated gif so i put in on my pictures when i go see i dont see rain like moving rain its just still help help!! :cry:

hey shock can u help me i followed ur tut untill the unfreez thing i put the things in in ornder and then clicked on make animated gif so i put in on my pictures when i go see i dont see rain like moving rain its just still help help!! :cry:

I'm not quite following what you're saying. Do you mean that you're viewing your image in the "My Pictures" folder on your computer? If so, computers won't animate a GIF when you view it. They just show the first frame of the image. In able to see the animation you should upload it onto an image hosting site such as Photobucket or ImageShack.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

My attempt for both rain and lightning!I got the help of the lightning from my brother Glaga :D ,not you ChitoDog :| Not meaning to be offensive or anything!=O.I find it more realistic that when the sheet lightning comes that the sky turns bright while everything else turns dark. Oh,and in case anyone wants to know how I made the Dragon's eye glow when the lightning flashes,I took the eraser tool,went to the color window,clicked more>>>,went to trasperency alpha,turned it to 150,clicked the eye with the eraser tool size 5,made the trasperency alpha back to 255 then trace the eye,so when the lightning comes,it makes his eyes glow =O.Im 13 and this is the second pic I ever made on Paint.NET,so this cant be that hard

Drago0npowerSigniture.gif

Drago0npowerSigniture.gif

Glaga, I really like your lightning but having trouble getting it

in at right place and please explain the "then used default glow, =D" part.

Just used luminosity curves into (65,190) then used default glow, =D

I could be wrong, but I think they meant... Effects >>> Photo >>> Glow, then whatever default settings it has.

They? Im only 1 person =P, but yah your right, thats what i ment

RainingWolfSigbetter.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
...but no matter what I do it doesn't show up. Is it because my picture has too much white or something?
Are you attempting the animation of your rain, or simply the rain itself?

If it the former, then it is not animating because you have saved the file in a format that cannot handle animation, JPG. You would need to save it as a GIF image.

However, as the application UnFREEz does not create animations unless all frames are GIF, I'm inclined to believe your problem has something to do with the latter assumption: creating a still image of rain. If you could tell us how you are trying to do this, we can help you out a little easier; it could be a step you've missed or a step that cannot work because of the image itself (as you said, it could be too white).

Basically, how much of the tutorial have you been following? I apologise if this sounds like a lot of questions to ask, but I'm trying to gain as much information as possible so we can have you set on your way as soon as can be.

Sorry sorry, I was kinda vague.

Anyways, yes, all my pictures are saved as Gif files and I'm trying to do the same rain effect shown in the tutorial, as in animated rain, though I'm not coloring the rain, however when I add the noise onto the pictures and such, it just doesn't show up. Shows up on black as white, but it doesn't show up at all on my pictures. I figured it was meant to be like that until I merged it and nothing changed.

Anyways, I checked over all of the tutorial and found that I wasn't missing anything. I even tried to color the noise just to see if it would show up, though it didn't. I don't really know how to explain it any better than that.

• 2 weeks later...
I managed to make this. I made that lightning affect by using a transparent linear gradient on the Sixth Layer :AlphaChannel: .

This is a very good tutorial! :D

2q0k5c8.jpg

How many layers did you use for that particular image? I'm only asking because it seems like you didn't use enough "normal rain" layers for the lightning effect to look more like lightning flashing. It looks somewhat like the "lightning" effect is just flickering on and off at a constant fast pace. Try adding more "normal rain" layers (at least a minimum of 15 in all) THEN add the "lightning" layer (just one) and see how that looks. That should give it a better lightning effect that will flash every so often instead of fast and constant. :wink:

How many layers did you use for that particular image? I'm only asking because it seems like you didn't use enough "normal rain" layers for the lightning effect to look more like lightning flashing. It looks somewhat like the "lightning" effect is just flickering on and off at a constant fast pace. Try adding more "normal rain" layers (at least a minimum of 15 in all) THEN add the "lightning" layer (just one) and see how that looks. That should give it a better lightning effect that will flash every so often instead of fast and constant. :wink:

I only had about 3 layers all up. I'm going to try again later with about 10+ Layers and see how it turn out.