Animated Rain Tutorial

TT_TT now i know the problem is that the rain can fall only in a way i think that can move the way and move the angle, for that my work dont work.

is for that? u know? ill go to change the angle and if doesn`t work uhmm... ... ill go to start again

No disrespect yazzaru, but I have no idea what you just said. :shock:

I’m trying to do this tut with PDN version 3.36

After I do the step where I have 3 image layers left I try to do step

Now copy the bottom layer and make it and image by it self. Do the same thing with the other two layers. [Click Control + A to select the whole layer. Then click Control + C to copy the whole layer. Then click Control + Alt + V to make a new image out of the copied layer

Now by copy I’m assuming you mean duplicate because there is no way to “copy” a layer other than dup it. So I did dup the three layers and renamed each. Then after doing the Control+A to select the layer it ends up selecting ALL 3 layers and I can’t select one layer at a time – so after the Control +C - I hit Control+Alt+V and end up with one image – so apparently, with this version of Paint.Net, this step is useless and the gif rain tut ends unless the veteran PDN users know what’s up and can steer me in the right direction

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...

yea, i was a little overambitous. I tried to make a fire effect along with it, ended up i accidentally did some layers slightly differently from others, resulting in a lot of trying to fix lighting and colors.

i also did the same lightning thing as the guy a few posts up, though i didn't do it intentionally :P

f75d327fac57855c4fbc26bcd8be9e0a2g.jpg

^pic is thumbnail btw

• 2 weeks later...

hey man for the surging plant i think u shud try a zoom blur instead of a motion blur so it wud like shoot outwards

well i actually put the rain on a sig i made from the pyrosig tut xD

i changed the layer thing to sumthing else i think it was glow but idr, the picture is dark so the regular way didnt show too much

animatedsigtw5.gif

• 1 month later...

Wow. This is pretty good! I like how you used UnFreez, since I already had it downloaded on my computer, and when I clicked ont he topic, I thought I was gonna have to download something else :D

Here's what I made:

final.gif

I added some Storm clouds intead of the Blue Sky, since it doesn't make a whole lotta sense. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this tutorial. Heres mine so far, but I didn't feel like animating it:

Cloud_and_Aeris_Beta_by_narutokunobessed.jpg

I made the rain different in the front then the back. I follow the tutorial, until some parts. I inversed the noise layer, so the rain could be white. Then I basically duplicated the rain layer and then on my pic layer I seleted the characters only (or select backgroun then inverse). Basically I selected the parts I wanted to have the different shaped rain. Then I went back to the duplicated rain layer and then used motion blur again. Wala, variation of rain.

I really do want to some effects on their faces.

It´s a Great tut! Thanks!! :D

but do you know if I can like save it in like JPEG. and load it up somewere? or must it be in gif. :?:

Well you can't save animated images as a JPEG. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this isn't suppose to go in the Q&A section, but I've just started using PDN about a month ago, an have gotten some what adept to it, since I'm not made of money, I don't have flash, but since I've found this tut I've found hope.

My question is this, I'm making a background using the Polished Space scape tut and I was wondering, to make it animated like the rain would I make a separate image with just the stars and set it to overlay then use it in the animator? Another thing, for those who've seen Futurama I was thinking of making a 'fry hole' which would be similar to lightning, but instead of crackle-boom, it would glow. Is there anyway to make it glow and not mess up the 'Star Showers'?

29564_2386503452532657ab1e2a7d65a38aae

I hope this isn't suppose to go in the Q&A section, but I've just started using PDN about a month ago, an have gotten some what adept to it, since I'm not made of money, I don't have flash, but since I've found this tut I've found hope.

My question is this, I'm making a background using the Polished Space scape tut and I was wondering, to make it animated like the rain would I make a separate image with just the stars and set it to overlay then use it in the animator? Another thing, for those who've seen Futurama I was thinking of making a 'fry hole' which would be similar to lightning, but instead of crackle-boom, it would glow. Is there anyway to make it glow and not mess up the 'Star Showers'?

you must save each frame as a different gif and then use unfreez to put them together. Make sure to make a copy of them(just copy and paste into a folder) because i hear that unfreez can mess images up occasionally mess(not harmfull to your computer, just damage the pictures) things up.

Each image must be saved as a gif and put in unfreez

you must save each frame as a different gif and then use unfreez to put them together. Make sure to make a copy of them(just copy and paste into a folder) because i hear that unfreez can mess images up occasionally mess(not harmfull to your computer, just damage the pictures) things up.

I appreciate that response, however, that's not what I'm asking - I have done all that but when I'm saving as a .gif it asking me to "flatten" the image.. Is it suppose to do that?

I remember the author stated that you are not to save the original image cuz its layered and you can't do that to a layered one anyways.. So I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

The first part up to saving the images is fine. Its after that I have the issues. If you can try to simplify it some more - I'm not stupid so please don't treat it as such I am just not understanding that part.

Thanks for your continued help... I think you can call this the still rain -

Truly,

WestIndian86