Soleil's Play of Light - Critique page 7?

LumièreDuSoleil

Glad you stopped by again. Your work is really nice and polished! :)

Thanks. I should have more time now . . . and I've kinda gone away from photoediting too, in favor of drawing. I've been cruising DA for anime tuts and stuff.

And onto today's efforts. Forgive the imperfect coloring, it's completely hand drawn with my tablet, so the fills have some edge issues. But other than that . . . I've been experimenting with transparency, and this image will give the same effect on almost any color background (even on an image) - even the falling chunks of rock will change accordingly. I think it worked out fairly well.

BrokenGroundTest2.png

More toying around. Again . . . heavy use of Smudge. Bullet holes rendered in Inkscape.

BulletHoles.png

And some parkour fun. This a mostly finished piece, with stock bird vectors from BittBox and a vectorized freerunner image from the web mixed in with my own designs, rendered in Inkscape and compiled in PDN. If you like it, please fave it on DA.

Parkour.png

No I don't, but I have friends who do, and one of them came to school on Thursday wearing a shirt from the SF Parkour competition thingie (I live just south of SF), with a freerunner jumping over the Golden Gate Bridge in grungy vector style. So I went home and did my own. Now my sister wants one fro the back sticker of her Blackberry. :)

• 2 months later...

Photoediting; Took a Shadow stock and applied some effects/textures to make this. It's my expression of what has happened to the Sonic series.

Click for a larger size on DA or SUPER SHADOW SIZE THAT for incredible quadrupled detail.

ShadowTheHedgehog_half.png

Stocks are Shadow, textures, especially by this guy.

Very neat gallery! I particularly admire the 'dusty planet', your signature and avatar set, and the young lady; that texturing of Shadow Sonic(?) is very well done, too. I should have comment long before now.

Keep up the excellent work, LumièreDuSoleil!

Woah woah wee woa. I very much enjoy your work. Oddly enough, I like your dusty planet the best. For your sig, I like the ice version more so than the fire, though my favorite color is blue... :roll:

I will definitely pay more attention to this thread in the future for sure. Great work.

• 3 weeks later...

A note; I'm in the middle of a move, and I've had almost nil art time. But I saw [urlhttp]this page[/url], and knew I had to do something.

It's an 8Mb .apng, so you have to use Firefox and give it some time to load all the frames, but it looks pretty slick once it does.

LostIsland_anim.png

• 2 weeks later...
Oh my god, that is awesome :shock: :D Well done!

Thanks. :D

So here's the deal. I was toying with brushes and blending for a new sig and made this, which I think is pretty slick by itself.

MetalFlora_basic1.png

But I don't think that's inspiring enough, and I'm low on creative juice ATM. One idea was this:

MetalFlora_trees1.png

Which I like, but it seems to contradict the glassyness of the original. So I made this:

MetalFlora_glows1.png

Which I like even more, but light glows don't work well with transparency. One last idea, which I thought of while writing this, is to make a icy/glass background and etch the floral glows into it like I did the text. But seriously, I need some ideas, something I haven't even thought of . . . so much more can be done with this, but for the life of me I can't figure out what. I'd like to keep with a floral/glass theme, though. Brush pack can be found >> here <<, but it's in ABR format. Use an ABR thumbnail exporter if you have it. I forget where I got the trees.

Thanks, both of you. I wouldn't have though people would like the trees so much.

Also, cruising the interwebs, found a neat ice tutorial:

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/tuto ... ureid=1843

One of those times when I envy Photoshop. Perhaps I can recreate this on the text.

• 4 weeks later...

So. School's over, had some great ideas for an RPG. I'm also working on a completely new Soleil logo, sig, etc. I'll be taking a college class this summer too, called "Drawing and Composition I". In the meantime, motif circles FTW.

elements.png

The five elements of the mind - passion (pyro, fire), logic (glaci, ice), integrity (terra, earth), creativity (aero, air/storm/lightning), and wisdom (aqua, water). Passion ignores logic, logic desensitizes integrity, integrity dampens creativity, creativity upsets wisdom, and wisdom diffuses passion.

Inkscape + PDN.

So. School's over, had some great ideas for an RPG. I'm also working on a completely new Soleil logo, sig, etc. I'll be taking a college class this summer too, called "Drawing and Composition I". In the meantime, motif circles FTW.

elements.png

The five elements of the mind - passion (pyro, fire), logic (glaci, ice), integrity (terra, earth), creativity (aero, air/storm/lightning), and wisdom (aqua, water). Passion ignores logic, logic desensitizes integrity, integrity dampens creativity, creativity upsets wisdom, and wisdom diffuses passion.

Inkscape + PDN.