Soleil's Play of Light - Critique page 7?

LumièreDuSoleil

So to continue my trend of one pic every month, here's a WIP.

Precious_test1.png

Original is 3888x2592, from photo. Only about halfway done - still needs shadows and light effects.

Secondly, WTH is with Photobucket? Has anyone else had any problems with images suddenly becoming darkened (and some contrast loss) when you upload them? It's really annoying and seemingly random. Like this image, and my sig were suddenly made darker.

Perhaps I should change photosharing services, anyone have good suggestions?

So to continue my trend of one pic every month, here's a WIP.

Precious_test1.png

Original is 3888x2592, from photo. Only about halfway done - still needs shadows and light effects.

Secondly, WTH is with Photobucket? Has anyone else had any problems with images suddenly becoming darkened (and some contrast loss) when you upload them? It's really annoying and seemingly random. Like this image, and my sig were suddenly made darker.

Perhaps I should change photosharing services, anyone have good suggestions?

yea, you should definately change if thats the problem.

What i use is better I guess, you could even resize before you upload,

imageshack is what you need. :wink:

@Skitzo: I started with imageshack, actually. I moved to photobucket because it had albums and wasn't blasted annoying to work with. But this is pretty bad; I had those planets crazy detailed, bumpmapped, with glowing atmosphere, now they look like I've just C/Ped them in.

@flip: Thanks. I love your sig, btw, I've been wanting to do some frosted glass of my own for a while.

@Skitzo: I started with imageshack, actually. I moved to photobucket because it had albums and wasn't blasted annoying to work with. But this is pretty bad; I had those planets crazy detailed, bumpmapped, with glowing atmosphere, now they look like I've just C/Ped them in.

@flip: Thanks. I love your sig, btw, I've been wanting to do some frosted glass of my own for a while.

oh, dude sorry,

i used imageshack just to upload photos, thats all,

but why didn't you save your after finishing it??

oh, dude sorry,

No, It's saved on my computer, I just can't put it up on Photobucket without getting that odd effect. For the sake of the argument, let's try Imageshack again.

precioustest1.png

Right . . . so it's not just Photobucket. That implies that it's a problem with my own computer, somehow. Oi.

oh, dude sorry,

No, It's saved on my computer, I just can't put it up on Photobucket without getting that odd effect. For the sake of the argument, let's try Imageshack again.

precioustest1.png

Right . . . so it's not just Photobucket. That implies that it's a problem with my own computer, somehow. Oi.

yea, i guess so.

I actually dont know how to help you,

goood luck fixing it. :?

Brilliant concept and a beautiful image. I really like your sig, it's one of my favorites,

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Your sig is one of my favorites also. Glad I stopped by your gallery, I enjoy your work.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

• 2 months later...

th_Rai_BW_200.png

Haven't been here in a while, but I'd like to link to my recently updated online portfolio, w/ new name and logo. I'm also going to apply for a local job listing for an "Interactive Graphic Designer" with a web design company that seems to fit my skills + experience. If I get it, I'll be breaking into the graphics business for my first job. Also, I started college in September, and it's going great - Calculus, Composition, post-1865 US History, and Photoshop classes (don't worry, still loyal to PDN). And when college started, I was still 15. Straight up, yo.

• 1 month later...

BUMP it like the bumper cars. First, an experiment in newspaper backgrounds and depth of field, then I found my old Polaroid vector files and hand some Parisian fun. Both for SOTW 29.

Typical of me. I do some stuff, disappear for two months, then get bored and discover PDN got updated and go crazy for another week. You'll be hearing from me again ... sometime mid-February, at this rate.

Colorblind2.png

ParisPolaroid_gray.png

Here's the colored (original photo) version of Paris.

ParisPolaroid_color.png

On the MLK piece, either the microphone or the newspaper aren't tilted at the same angle. The newspaper goes down pretty steeply, but the microphone doesn't. Cool piece though.

Interesting thing, that. The plugin I used for putting the newspaper in perspective, dpy's Perspective, doesn't do it exactly right, so the perspective on the paper is different from left to right and top to bottom (the paper is steep at the top but seems flatter at the bottom), and it kinda messes with your head. The microphone looks pretty close to me, but I've got no way of measuring to make sure.

Love all your creations ... Great job ^_~

Thanks!

---------

Anyone know of a Silicon Valley graphic design studio that would hire a freshman GD student? Especially for vector logo design and/or illustration?

Interesting thing, that. The plugin I used for putting the newspaper in perspective, dpy's Perspective, doesn't do it exactly right, so the perspective on the paper is different from left to right and top to bottom (the paper is steep at the top but seems flatter at the bottom), and it kinda messes with your head. The microphone looks pretty close to me, but I've got no way of measuring to make sure.

Yeah, It seemed like the perspective on the paper was different on left and right, but didn't know how to say it without being weird :P The microphone fits with the piece of newspaper it's on, but the right side being different makes it look off.

Today we're going to channel a little bit of ThatGameCompany's logo coolness and make another attempt at the Adele/statue-style drawings. As a signature:

Sunset_sm.png

And 2x/4x res, because 450x130 is blasphemy against the amount of time I spent on this girl.

Sunset_lg.pngSunset_cl2.png

thoughts?

Ive been using p.n for a couple of months now, but I have no idea what you mean by "cut out by the texts alpha channel" means

Looks like a great piece of work :)

[center][img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2s960pi.png[/img][/center]