Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hellfire010

Here you go...

Image%20vaporized

I fully agree that some sort of script (is there something to save each layer as an image?) to generate an animated gif from layers would be handy for this.

Ya mean like animated cursors? (aka .ani)

tagflowsig.png

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I am a disco dancer. +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I tried unfreez, but it informed me that the files I was using were not .gif files. I don't really understand when it comes down to .gif files. Help?

When you try to save an image, one of the boxes shows what type you want to save it as. Theres a ton of options to choose from, but if you are going to use unfreez, you have to be sure to select .gif while saving the pictures.

I'm still alive!

ok, so i did exactly what you said, but every time i try to make something, UnFREEz says "Not a GIF file, or incorrect version number."

what does it mean, and how do i fix it?

EDIT: nevermind, i read above post, and figured it out.. thanks!

ill post what i made soon

Are you sure that you saved it as a gif? Right click one of your images in windows, select properties. After the name, if it is not .gif, then open it again in paint.net, click save as, and make sure in the drop down box, you select .gif

I'm still alive!

Be sure, if you want to save in a series, that you use 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, ect.

whatever you do, don't try to do something like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. Thats what gets a lot of people confused.

~EvilNeko

celloSiggy.jpg

How to split a file in frames????

Please be more specific. What do you want to know?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You just change hte image to make each frame(separate saved files for each). It takes a lot of time to make a .gif, and you have ot be sure you know what you want each change to be.

~EvilNeko

celloSiggy.jpg

Please remove it from your sig.

It's annoying.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Here's an avatar I made for another forum a while back:

iceghost.gif

I wanted a sort of ghost-like feel to it. I found that dragging a transparent cloud layer across my base worked quite nicely. Unfortunately, the .gif itself turned out about 200kb too big, but I still keep it around just to look at. :)

Look, you're not going to get far with people who know what they're talking about.

Click here if you're still insistent.

Notice the posted date: May 4th, 2007. Also notice that it's exactly the same as the GIF you posted.

If you make something, feel free to post it here but don't lie to try to impress people.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype