Sign in to follow this  
Hellfire010

Make an Animated .GIF with Paint.NET

Hello!

While this topic is quite useful for creating gifs, it demonstrates that PDN currently can't be used for creating animated gifs. The gif animating programs are used instead. I, as a programmer, wonder however if the plug-ins API does allow development of a plugin, implementing this functionality. This would make PDN one step better :) .

And salutations to all of you who posted your creations here.

Edit: Okay, I was wrong, there already is a plugin under development - as far as I could see. I hope it finishes in success.

Regards,

Pirks

I used Microsoft GIF Animator to isolate the individual frames with screen shots. Then I used PDN to cut the screen shot down to the right size. Then I used Printstar Morpher to morph the images together and output the new frames. Then I went back into Microsoft GIF Animator to create the animation.

Today, I taught my students how to use unfreeze to make animated gifs.

Here is the best one done by one of my students:

Mailbox.gif

It was drawn freehand by my 10-year-old daughter. :D

Hi, I am new to PdN (only been using it for 2 days) but am quickly becoming addicted.

Been reading through a lot of the tutorials and have used various methods to create my first animated GIF - quite simple compared to some that have been posted.

Football.gif

Hey ho, onwards and upwards.

You either need to create a bunch of pictures...

or use a program that creates a bunch of pictures for you--like a morphing program.