A competition specifically for newbies?

AlexJohnson

Hi everyone! Although I’m a fresh new member of the forum, I still wonder if there might be a competition for newbies only in the near future? Since newbies can only watch and learn, a competition just for newbies would encourage and motivate us a lot! So, what are your thoughts on this idea?

Hello @AlexJohnson and welcome to the forum :)

This has been asked many times before on the forum.  The general opinion was that, because running competitions is quite time-consuming for the Competition hosts, who are volunteers (as are all of us on here) it was decided that....... as we all had to start as newbies once ourselves, it would be best for the newbies to just 'jump in' and start to compete in the competitions from day one t3604.gif.

Please don't be shy to join in 😊

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:55 PM, AlexJohnson said:

Hi everyone! Although I’m a fresh new member of the forum, I still wonder if there might be a competition for newbies only in the near future? Since newbies can only watch and learn, a competition just for newbies would encourage and motivate us a lot! So, what are your thoughts on this idea?

You know that I have been a long time-member of the forum & one of the best pieces of advice is to do as many of the tutorials as you can. Save it was a working file - .PDN & then SAVE AS a .PNG That way if you create something that you really like or you find you want to edit the work, you can. Preserve as many layers as possible.

Jump in & give the competitions a go as Pixey said. Even old-timers are not guaranteed to win 😉

The other thing you could do is create a gallery where we can give you advice & encouragement. Oh & welcome too!

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Welcome @AlexJohnson.  I agree with both @Pixey and @barbieq25.  Start with the SOTW. It's much easier and you are allowed to use clipart and

backgrounds from the internet (as long as you say where you got it from).  The SOTW does themes, plugin's, etc...

The OOTF can be difficult.  You must make an object completely from scratch.  Read the rules to both.  Everyone here is willing to help, just ask.  🙂

• Like 1