How would i do this LaserCut text in PDN?

Ash, you smudged, correct?

I think that is what I would do for it.

I think the lighting is one of the cool parts of the tut, actually - both the sparks and te lighting on the metal itself.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

After some experimenting, i got this:

lasercut.png

The raised molten metal part is ok, but doesnt look too real (a division between the metal and molten metal can be seen and its not too beveled). I think i've cracked the cut part though. It looks like its beveled in. Maybe i'm getting somewhere... :?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Looks great! But.....(there's gotta be one), consider the process you're trying to mimic - cutting steel. There should be heat marks in the steel - you know, the bluish/purplish remnants of heating process.

I think if you added these colorings you would "explain" the division between the metal and molten metal. Course you would still probably want to fade the boundary a bit more.

Also think Ash has a point in making the molten metal irregular in width. The cutting process should produce some molten "blobs" - at least a gas axe would :wink: