Compare images, removing differences?

I play Elite Dangerous and wanted to edit some shots, but it's so difficult sometimes!  I wanted to take some very similar shots of my ship, then edit out the background, but it's proving difficult.  I have multiple images with a nearly identical shot of my ship, but vastly different backgrounds and was curious if the program could compare the images and automatically remove the differences?  I saw a program years and years ago that could do this, to get images of famous locations without people in the shots, but I've yet to find a modern program that can do it,,

There's no automatic way to do that in Paint.NET. However, it's to very difficult to do it manually.

Here's a tip:

Setting a Layer's Blend Mode to Xor will show all different pixels, in comparison to the layer below it.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I is not Prixey 🤣

No, you can't download it. And yes, it's free :)  Just save the link in your browser and go to it every time you need it.  Kudos goes to @TrevorOutlaw who discovered this very useful gizmo 😇

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

I is not Prixey 🤣

No, you can't download it. And yes, it's free :)  Just save the link in your browser and go to it every time you need it.  Kudos goes to @TrevorOutlaw who discovered this very useful gizmo 😇

While I appreciate the kudos, the real kudos should go to @dipstick who found it first.

Taking his tip and @welshblue suggestion to use alpha-mask, presto the tutorial was born.

The tool of G'Mic was found when watching a video on YouTube about G'Mic in Photoshop, Gimp, Krita, and Paint.NET.  I had no idea that G'Mic had the tool to remove background as well until that video on YouTube.  Speaking of video, I really need to redo the video on using G'Mic.  It is bloody potato, IMHO.