Error when resizing

I'm trying to double the size of the image, and I'm getting this message:

Application version: paint.net 4.1.6

System.OutOfMemoryException: VirtualAlloc returned a null pointer, bytes = 1,264,688,656 ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: VirtualAlloc returned a null pointer, bytes = 1,264,688,656
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Memory.AllocateLarge(UInt64 bytes, Boolean zeroFill) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\Memory.cs:line 162
   at PaintDotNet.Runtime.RetryManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0`1.<RunMemorySensitiveOperation>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Runtime\RetryManager.cs:line 139
   at PaintDotNet.Runtime.RetryManager.RunMemorySensitiveOperation(Int32 maxAttempts, Action action) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Runtime\RetryManager.cs:line 168
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at PaintDotNet.Runtime.RetryManager.RunMemorySensitiveOperation(Int32 maxAttempts, Action action) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Runtime\RetryManager.cs:line 195
   at PaintDotNet.Runtime.RetryManager.RunMemorySensitiveOperation[T](Int32 maxAttempts, Func`1 func) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Runtime\RetryManager.cs:line 144
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.Allocate(Int64 bytes, MemoryBlockAllocFlags flags) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 383
   at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock..ctor(Int64 bytes, MemoryBlockAllocFlags flags) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 275
   at PaintDotNet.Surface..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, SurfaceCreationFlags surfaceCreationFlags) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Surface.cs:line 246
   at PaintDotNet.Actions.ResizeAction.<>c__DisplayClass7_2.<PerformAction>b__1(Task task) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Actions\ResizeAction.cs:line 346

I got there by Rectangle Selecting the image I want outlined >> Image >> Resize >> and changing Percentage to 200%
Did I do it incorrectly?  I also want me some sharp corners 🤠

Edited by toe_head2001
Split into new topic; removed duplicate content

8 minutes ago, LITMirror22 said:

I'm trying to double the size of the image, and I'm getting this message:

What's the new size of the image when you change it to 200% ?

How much memory (RAM) does your computer have?

Is your Windows installation 32 bit or 64 bit?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

3 minutes ago, LITMirror22 said:

Installed RAM= 4GB

With Windows and other programs using much of that, it is doubtful that you have enough memory to handle such a large image in Paint.NET.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I got the advice from @Ego Eram Reputo on this forum to double my image size to create an outline effect.  This was in place of the plug-in I got that has the Outline effect that I couldn't figure out.  I was getting inconsistent boldness around different parts of my image with no apparent rhyme or reason.  Turns out, I needed to mess with the Intensity in the Outline option.  I set it to 99 and all my problems went away!  Now, I have a bold outline 🤓!

6 hours ago, LITMirror22 said:

I got the advice from @Ego Eram Reputo on this forum to double my image size

Personally, I wouldn't believe anything I say! 😁

• Like 2