How to move gif after adding the background?

How to move gif after adding the background? I want to know how to move my gif. When I add the white background, the gif suddenly move it to a place I don't want to. I want to move the gif to the center bottom where the top I will add text onto the white background. 

Sample attached

https://imgur.com/R1cGidF

Edited by HoLeePhuc

Greetings,

Paint.NET is not a movie editor. What you require is handled easily in a few movie editor and motion graphics software that import GIF files!

I think that it can even be done in Microsoft's Power Point 2010 and higher and exported to MP4 or WMV .

Edited by HyReZ

Is the animated GIF in another layer to the white background or did you copy the GIF to a new white background image?

In either case: you can try simply selecting the GIF area and recentring or dragging the GIF with the Move Selected Pixels tool to the centre. If the GIF and white background are in one layer just create another white layer underneath to fill in the now transparent area where you moved it from.

HyReZ is probably right in his inference it is some animation format issue but if it was a still image I'd suspect you'd either just used Canvas Resize with the image tethered to the top left or Copied the GIF onto a new, larger canvas. By default the copied image is placed top left if the canvas size is bigger.

If the image you're working on can be undone to a point before you added the background or you have another copy of the the GIF: centre that in a transparent background of the same final canvas size as you want to use, then create a new layer for the white background underneath.

EDIT

Just tried this with a test animated GIF and there should be no problems as long as you use this plugin and follow the instruction about renaming the extension to .agif.

PDN won't display the animated GIF but with the plugin it will open each frame in a separate layer. This can take some time depending on your PC. You can then treat it almost like any other image file format, centering and adding a new background just as I described earlier.

Once done Save As: "Animated GIF" and change the extension back to .gif and any program that can display animated GIF files (IrfanView for example) should work with the now edited image.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

My understanding is that HoLeePhuc ( 🙂 ) is attempting to insert an animated GIF within another larger layer, position it, have it run within the layer, while inserting additional text. He would need video editing software that does tilting and video within a still, or video within a video. He needs something like Adobe Premier Elements or a freeware such as Shotcut. As I stated above, the job can be accomplished in Microsoft PowerPoint v2010 and above.

Paint.NET won't do the job that he requires, regardless of plugins that enable him to view animated GIFs.

Edited by HyReZ

It does work with text using PDN but, and it is a big but, I soon realised that you need to copy the text to every frame of the GIF. The test GIF I used has 241 frames and that was a simple one. Unless there is a PDN plugin to copy to multiple layers (?) from a practical point of view you are, as HyReZ suggested, better off using video editing software.

I think you might be able to batch edit the GIF frames using IrfanView to add the text, that seems to be possible from what I've read but you would need to extract them all as separate images first. That seems like another crazy, crude solution.  

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

Hello @HoLeePhuc and Welcome to the Forum :)

You have to crop your layer to the correct size as your background is bigger than the finished gif.

Crop-Selection.png        ~ Clickable ~

If you want to make your own gifs, here is a tutorial on the subject:

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, HyReZ said:

My understanding is that HoLeePhuc ( 🙂 ) is attempting to insert an animated GIF within another larger layer, position it, have it run within the layer, while inserting additional text. He would need video editing software that does tilting and video within a still, or video within a video. He needs something like Adobe Premier Elements or a freeware such as Shotcut. As I stated above, the job can be accomplished in Microsoft PowerPoint v2010 and above.

Paint.NET won't do the job that he requires, regardless of plugins that enable him to view animated GIFs.

Actually, this is entirely doable via the gmic plugin. Resize command allow to place the axis of scaling and resize can be treated as crop/expand canvas instead. Furthermore, shift in g'mic allows for looping. So, a combination of repeat loop, resize, and shift will allow you to combine two animation layers into one.

G'MIC Filter Developer

I don't think that is quite what the OP wants to be able to do. He wants to move the GIF to centre bottom of a bigger white canvas and then add text to the white background.

I had a quick go on a free test GIF I found:-

13237032_TestGIF.png.a2456f938c790a00a7b55bc7df0a48d5.png

Moving the GIF on the canvas is simple enough it is the adding of the text that is the issue. If you add the text to just the background layer it will only display for one frame of the animation. You appear to have to add it to all layers ie. all frames of the animation.

Maybe Reptillian's suggestion is a solution to having to do that

Thanks to AndrewDavid for bringing to my attention the 'Look At It' plugin. Very useful.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

@IHaveNoName Thank You!
@Pixey  Brilliant!

I just tried it with an older GIF animation that I created to illustrate my use of Remake's Storm / Vortex Tutorial (recreated)

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/113671-storm-vortex-tutorial-recreated/?tab=comments#comment-553343

Here is the newest iteration using what I learned in this thread today.
I used midora's GIF Animation Creator FileType plugin.
I placed the //Foreground layer at the top of the layer stack and //Background layer at the bottom of the layer stack.
Then I saved the project as an animated GIF.
Rainbow_Vortex3.gif

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

If one wants the Text to show on the whole Gif, then one needs to add the Text to the last layer and name it:  //Foreground.

Is there some documentation that explains features such as //Foreground in the AGIF plugin?

Opps! I just read the readme text file that came within the plugins ZIP archive. 🙂

Edited by HyReZ

30 minutes ago, HyReZ said:

Is there some documentation that explains features such as //Foreground in the AGIF plugin?

Opps! I just read the readme text file that came within the plugins ZIP archive. 🙂

I learned how to make these agif's through @midora's thread here:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

After spending time trying to get the GIF I used for my earlier tests to try to get the text layer to work without adding it to all frames I came back here and found the solution thanks to Pixey.

I thought I'd try the Foreground layer naming form mentioned by Pixey and in Midora's plugin readme with the existing GIF AnimGIF.dll plugin to see if that would get the text to display for all frames but, as I thought would be the case, it did not work.

So, if it is not clear to others: Midora's plugin must be used if you want to add something like text to a GIF so that it  displays throughout the animation even when editing an existing GIF not just one created with the plugin.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png