Apple background

Sorry if this was in the wrong subfourm (I’m new here), but I was wobdering how this apple background looked and if it would count as copyright if i published it somewhere? It is much higher quality, but I had to compress it due to it being too big. 

1FA493BC-D299-477C-8CF7-CA26432F10C0.png

I don't think you'll be able to trademark something with Apple's logo in it.

And, we're not lawyers. You'll need to do research elsewhere regarding copyright and trademark law.

I'm not trying to shut you down -- there are just serious consequences (for everyone) if we try to give you legal advice but we're not lawyers.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I'm not a copyright lawyer but I have had a little experience with copyright issues in relation to my own photography, selling digital and full rights use etc. 

Not to get too pedantic about this it should be pretty obvious you can not use any part of copyrighted material, in this case a logo, for commercial purposes without permission. The definition of what constitutes commercial purposes is open to legal interpretation and that also does vary internationally.

To get even more pedantic just posting a poor quality copy here in a forum could be seen as a breach of copyright under many countries' IP (intellectual property) rights laws.

I would suspect there are plenty of other unintended copyright breaches here and on every forum/web site that allows posting of attachments/avatars and other images. Most of the time the owners are not going to mind 'fair use' in such circumstances if it is not done for obvious commercial gain. It is effectively free advertising but legally they could object if they were so minded.

Edited by IHaveNoName

IHaveNoName.png

I don't think the the problem will be so much the color issue as it would be their Apple logo in red coming out of the mist! 🙂

BTW

As Rick has stated the problem here is that this would be more related to trademark infringement

Fees for a state trademark search and registration can range from $100-$200, a federal trademark range from $225 to $475,

and there are also international trademarks.

As a stand alone work of art it can have a special standing, but if contested there can be a bunch of legal fees involved in defending the 'Fair Use' provision.

Edited by HyReZ

2 hours ago, Ayntrx said:

So does that mean I can use it publicly but not claim it as mine? 

As @Rick Brewster previously stated, we cannot give you legal advice and you will need do your own research into the relevant laws.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:29 PM, Rick Brewster said:

And, we're not lawyers. You'll need to do research elsewhere regarding copyright and trademark law. 

I'm not trying to shut you down -- there are just serious consequences (for everyone) if we try to give you legal advice but we're not lawyers. 

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

All legal things aside fir the moment, I’m going to do some more research, It took me a while to make this, and I was windering if it is worth all this work. Just trying to get some feedback before ai look at all the legal stuff.