Rotate / Tilting / Roll an image is very cumbersome

Hello,

I've been using this app for ages, quite happy with it.

I feel like one of the weaker functions is the rotate / zoom tool.

I can click the small 'ball' and drag it - but it's particularly aggressive in how it moves.

I want it on a perfect horizontal plane, just make the left size of the image 'zoom out' (get smaller) and the right side of the image get larger - and I'd like to do it in very fine increments and DEAD even - no up or down tilt, I've managed to line that up right.

How can I do this? because apparently I need to manipulate not 1 but 2 numbers (??)  the second one down and the 3'rd one down.

Sorry to be critical, it's a great app but this particular function is not ideal to work with.

Greetings Hamwizard,

Using the Zoom/Rotate is not bad if you keep this in mind

Under the Roll / Rotate  setting: Keep the middle slider set to either 90 or -90 to establish your horizon.

When your horizon is set to 90; the bottom slider will tilt your image forward or back to its original position.
When your horizon is set to -90; the bottom slider will tilt your image backwards  or back to its original position.

When your horizon is set to 90 or -90; the top slider will rotate your image around 360 degrees

using MJW's suggestion of holding the the Shift key while using the mouse to manipulate the globe; constrains your movements to either going left/right or up/down, but will not allow rotation until the Shift key is released.

Edited by HyReZ
inserting additional information

• 9 months later...

The documentation on this control is very poor.  There is no description of the function or use of the sliders. 

In many cases, using the globe is much more intuitive.  Is would benefit greatly from a fine movement control.  Maybe using the CTRL or Alt keys to limit changes to 1 degree or 0.1 degree increments?

53 minutes ago, Techineer said:

The documentation on this control is very poor. 

I will update the documentation on this control in the next round of updates.

These two controls effect the clock-wise and
anti-clockwise rotation. The numeric control
allows for minute changes to the rotation
by one degree or less. When set to a whole
number, each click on the up or down 
triangle will alter the rotation by a degree.
The incrementation can also be changed by
using the up and down keyboard buttons.

1111.jpg

• Like 1