Issue with paint bucket tool

picklerick

I recently started messing around with drawings in ms paint and today while working on a new drawing my paint bucket tool stopped working properly.

When i try to fill in an area it leaves botches of white around the edges.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  I tried googling it but to no avail.. I'm sure its just a rookie mistake and hoping there's a quick fix. 

Thank you

pickle rick.jpg

You have noise in your Solenya image. Most likely compression artifacts from using the JPG format. If you zoom-in, you'll be able to see those regions are not solid white, but have a bunch off off-white dots.  You could try increasing the Tolerance when using the Paint Bucket. Remember to save your non-photo images in the PNG format.

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/PaintBucket.html#4

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks for the reply.  I zoomed all the way in and the area is solid white but when i use the paint bucket tool it only fills a small area in a random pattern.  I don't think my version of paint has the option to change the tolerance.  Is there a way I can fix this drawing or will i have to start over?

11 hours ago, picklerick said:

drawings in ms paint

Are you using ms paint or Paint.Net??  If using PDN, it has a tolerance slider bar for the adjustment.

If you're using ms paint, you are asking on the wrong forum.

i didn't realize paint.net was a different program so i downloaded it and transferred my image and it fixed the issue! thanks guys and i found a cool new program to use! sweeeeeet

• Like 1

19 hours ago, picklerick said:

i didn't realize paint.net was a different program so i downloaded it and transferred my image and it fixed the issue! thanks guys and i found a cool new program to use! sweeeeeet

Glad we could help!  Enjoy PDN.  :)

i was able to complete my painting.. quite happy with the way it turned out and wanted to share :)

can't wait to do more.. hoping i can gain some artistic talent to do original drawings soon

pickle rick paintnet censor.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You did great @picklerick :star:  Don't forget that you can start your own Gallery in the Pictorium and then add every new piece in the same place.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.