Keyboard Shortcut Suggestion: Colors Window

Good usability observation.
I would instead say it should show more colors automatically when starting PDN if the user closed PDN with more colors showing.

Alternatively, offer to have it open by default according to the settings, similar to how defaults are provided for all tools.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga

8 minutes ago, Joshua Lamusga said:

... it should show more colors automatically when starting PDN, if the user closed PDN with more colors showing.

I concur with this.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Here is a short video of what you could do with the color wheel in PDN.  To achieve it, hold down the shift key to have the color wheel display fans.  Hold down the ctrl key to display a circle, and hold down the alt key creates a straight line. 

I didn't even know this was available.  This is information isn't even available in the keyboard shortcut link above!

Edited by TrevorOutlaw
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TrevorOutlaw said:

I didn't even know this was available.  This is information isn't even available in the keyboard shortcut link above!

It is in the documentation though. https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorsWindow.html#10

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

My oversight if these key combinations are not in the list of shortcuts. I'll add them in the next round of updates.

Ok, added.

BTW well done finding the Shift + Ctrl key combination in the Color Wheel! For those who don't know, Ctrl creates the ring restriction and Shift creates the spaced nubs B)

image.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Ok, added.

BTW well done finding the Shift + Ctrl key combination in the Color Wheel! For those who don't know, Ctrl creates the ring restriction and Shift creates the spaced nubs B)

image.png

Found it by happenstance.

You've got to admit - it's a great way of creating a palette of colors with the same saturation ;)