!VOTING! Photo-Manip #6 Changing of the Seasons

jake2k

This thread is for entries only, the discussion thread is here.

Photo-Manip #5 Changing of the Seasons

Simple, take the provided photo and change the season, add snow, rain, falling leaves, whatever you want. Just remember the more drastic the change, the better chance you have of winning ;)

Rules:

1. Art must be completely done by yourself, and only Paint.NET although stocks are allowed.

2. The max size for the art is 1600 X 1200, minimum size is 800 X 600.

3. Stocks are also allowed, but you must provide links and try not to go crazy with them ;)

4. You are not allowed to edit your post after submitting.

5. Entries must be in before Sunday July, 6th 11:59pm. Thats two weeks people, chop chop!

Good luck everyone

The image is:

85428126354274tq1.th.jpg

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Here's my entry. It took about an hour - no stocks were used, just zoom blurs, noise, text, gaussian blurs, conditional hue/sat, Curves, Oil painting, feather, line tool, and lots of layers w/blend modes.

Hope you like it - I wish I could have spent more time on it, but I'm a bit too busy :( ...

If guys had the same basic concept, feel free to take over - I'm just messing around here, and I wouldn't consider it copying if you stripped the tree of its leaves, or turned the grass to snow, etc.

th_WINTER.jpg

Click for 1024x768.

Enjoy,

Nab

Edit: Fixed thumbnail

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Hmm ...

A bright, clear summer's day.

th_Summer.png

No stocks used.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

• 2 weeks later...

Entry:

th_33er794.jpg

The "stock" used for the clouds in winter was taken by be during a recent trip to Tennessee, so it's not really a stock.

Ok all entries are in and final, voting begins now. Send me a pm with the title "Photo-Manip #6" and who you want to vote for, thanks to everyone who entered!

Voting ends this Sunday so get em in!

One more day to vote so lets have them! Come on it doesn't take that long :roll:

I won :lol:

Thanks to all the participants for the great turnout, I just wish more people would have voted :roll:

Aw... that's no fun :roll:

I'm gonna make sure I vote in the future ones then. people put forth effort for these things, they should be recognized accordingly!

:wink: :P

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

I was actually hoping I wouldn't win for that exact reason, someone might think I rigged it haha

I voted for you too!!

[/sucking up]

Naw, just kidding, your entry was very good, much better than mine, or anyone else's, IMO. A well deserved victory.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I was absolutely astounded at your deft execution of this exercise in photographic manipulation and was therefore compelled to cast my ballot in your behalf. I too was wary of supporting your cuase due to the uncanny appearence that would result in the case that you actually succeeded in procuring a victory. In the end there was little else that I could do seeing that the competition was so slim in comparison to your superlative craftsmanship. Why you even had control over the seasons! Nevertheless I am bound by my charitable nature to mention the one competitor that gave me pause in my consideration of the victor. The entry submitted by Expiration was quite pleaseing to my eyes due to the outstanding clarity that is portrayed therein.

Champagne to the victor! :wink:

ray.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was absolutely astounded at your deft execution of this exercise in photographic manipulation and was therefore compelled to cast my ballot in your behalf. I too was wary of supporting your cuase due to the uncanny appearence that would result in the case that you actually succeeded in procuring a victory. In the end there was little else that I could do seeing that the competition was so slim in comparison to your superlative craftsmanship. Why you even had control over the seasons! Nevertheless I am bound by my charitable nature to mention the one competitor that gave me pause in my consideration of the victor. The entry submitted by Expiration was quite pleaseing to my eyes due to the outstanding clarity that is portrayed therein.

Champagne to the victor! :wink:

LOL

If you're not into numbers, call me Chris!