Riddleboy's gallery(Updated-01/08/2010)

riddleboy

Ok to make things a bit easier to see ive put all my new things into one post.

This is one of the few things that I started a while ago and thought i would upload it to see what people think about it. Please let me know what you think.

Lava Lamps and other stuff.

Hidden Content:
LavaLampBackground.jpg

I then made this for my GCSE Graphics Products coursework, i had to design everything about a game but not the game itself, so i decided to make the main character, i know it looks a bit cartoony but i kinda like it.

Hidden Content:
BackupCharacterFleshTonesAndClothes.jpg

This one i made for the case for my Grapchics Products course. Its supposed to be a destroyed city with a bomb going off in the background. Just if u dont see that.

Hidden Content:
CityPerspective.jpg

And since so many people like my GCSE work i thought id add some of the logo ideas i had. Btw i used the last one, let me know if any of u think i made the wrong choice.

Hidden Content:
Logos.jpg

I liked everyones space works in the galleries so much i thought i'd hav a go at it and see how i can fare against them.

Hidden Content:
SpaceScene.jpg

PLanetBurning.jpg

More space stuff, but credit to jerry533482 with his/her brilliant sun tutorial, so easy but looks so realistic.

Hidden Content:
SpaceScape.jpg

Here one of my friends recommended making a lamp post, so i did which is what the first image is. Then for some reason this image of a lit pathway floating in a lake came into my head, so i thought id make it.

Hidden Content:
LampPost.jpg

RiverScene.jpg

Soz about the wait people, had exams, but with exams, come free periods to do random stuff on paint.net. I just decided to do broken versions of the lava lamps people seemed to like. I know they're missing quite a lot, but I'd welcome ideas on what to do.

Hidden Content:
brokenLavaLampScape.jpg

Again sorry for the wait, been crazy busy, but here's another peice I've made inspired by England and it's summerness

Hidden Content:
Raindrop.jpg

Please criticise all you want, itll help me improve and make better things!!

Edited by riddleboy

The First one is AMAZING :shock: I coudlnt even think of how to do it.

Well, first you should edit your first post and rename your thread to My Gallery or somthing, so that when you make more images you can post them here. Also, I like the 2nd image too, I like how its cartoonish.

One more thing, dont bump.

[img]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu100/dragonG1/MyUserbar.png[/img]

Wow some great stuff here, how did I miss this nice gallery, excellent work, please don't stop I want to see and enjoy more work form you. Your new image is very good, I like the one vanishing-point perspective technique in it, well done, and the background with the explosion thing is very nice , too.

• 3 weeks later...

Lava Lamps are just the best! You've got some great ideas & you're showing a lot of promise. The spacescapes are good but you might need to vary the size of the stars a lot more. At the moment it looks like a granite background. The sun is well done. Keep up the good work!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Not sure which tute it was but there was one that explained it. Noise isn't lazy.

I'd be inclined to reduce the noise, & make some blank spots by using the eraser (I think that's what the tute said & it may have been by Flip). On a new layer do the same but reduce the noise way down & use OUTLINE OBJECT to make the stars a bit bigger. Stretch the layer, copy it & Outline Object again, stretch it until you have a good selection of sizes.

You could also try Random Dots & Blur (Gaussian or Splinter or a combo of both). I've done I think one spacescape very early in my journey.

You've got great ideas & you'll get better & better. My advice has always been to try out all the tutes because the learning is transferable & you get a better understnading of how the plugins work.

Hope to see much more from you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

You're very welcome! New & improved sun images are great! You're doing really well.

The last image with all the planets looks like a space traffic jam. I love the colours & the placement of the planets/suns. Very cool effect.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Very nice works, especially lava lamp.

One thing though:

I suggest you rename this thread to someting like 'Riddleboy's Gallery', etc.

One common practice is to add the latest day of update and the name of the piece, i.e.

'CSM725's Gallery ~ 2/19/10 ~ BUGATTI PHOTO-MANIP, NEW HEADER'

There are many other formats, too. If you're one of those people who likes to only post their newest works on seperate pages or posts, here's a format:

'Riddbleboy's Gallery ~ NEW: Page 2 - Colorful Spacescape'

PS - I believe the limit for characters in a thread title is somewhere between 60 and 65, so keep that in mind.

-CSM725