Mike Ryan's (Revamped) Gallery

Mike Ryan

Glass Concept

After a tutorial conversion request and Ash pointing out Expiration's good work on his glass text I decided to take a whack at this whole glass thing. I started out with a lot of reflection practices, a lot of them still in WIP form waiting for some more final touches but I wanted to publish this glass text as soon as possible. Ash and Expiration: I would LOVE feedback. Inspiration and King of Glass, rate my work :D

mr_glassconcept.png

signature.png

If its criticism you want, its criticism you'll get. :twisted:

Okay, I'm glad you're venturing into this kind of thing (especially since I'm leading you :lol: ).

It looks good, except the reflection/highlights look too blurry. IMO, they should be sharper, like the letters have nice sharp corners. Also, you should try playing with blending modes, like *cough*overlay**cough*.Other than that, nice job!

*My favorite! :D

On a side note, your sparkles are white in the center and black at the edges! :o

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Ironically, I myself did use a Gaussian Blur to develop the highlights, but I then magic wand'd part of it out to create a nice crisp highlight. You should definitely work at a larger picture size when creating glass letters because you will come out with jaggy edges (like on your 'M'). Nice work!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are hard to keep up with so I will just have to keep coming back to watch things change. Want to hear how the intuos3 works out for you.

A new signature! Or, actually a possible new signature. It needs to be resized and a few 'bugs' need to be worked out.

spring_sig.png

i guess you were a little hungry when you made your sig :D

Like the new sig. Looks like the bugs have been at it.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Ooh, nice integration of the play button thingy into the "Soul," and the use of cloud brushes at the bottom. :D

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png