The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

GAH!!! Pimblewin! NOOOOO!!

<_<

aatwo, you's just crazy! And sacrilegious... :wink:

I figure I'll just edit this post instead of making a new one:

Just dinking around with a new avatar design. Checkitout!

orbie.png

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Now if only IE supported...

transparentimg7ck.png

That's why I use Mozilla. :-)

EDIT: I was using IE when I made the image above, but now I am on mozilla so as not to be a hypocrite. ;-) I also notice that CMD's image is transparent. ;-D

~~

Three cheers for FireFox! Three cheers for Opera! Three cheers for any standards-compliant browser!

Three 'stomp-on-your-head's for IE!

But yeah, they have fixed many of the common IE6 display problems for IE7, including .png transparency. Problem is, no one with pre XP Windows will be able to use it, if my information is correct. So as long as Win9x and Win2000 are around, .pngs still won't show up properly in some browsers out there.

Oh well! :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

Curse rapid obsolitude (Is that a word? obsoletity doesn't sound right)

And yes, I'm back in IE. (I use it because it is in the start menu, and Firefox is there, but the big red fox scares my mouse cursor, so I can't click it.... Who am I kidding. I use IE because I am used to it. (And it's friendly to my sloppy javascript. I'm used to CSS with it, also. I don't make my script nor style with other browsers' special tags (moz-radius stuff like that).

I forgot to comment aatwo's last comic strip and I am agreeing with born2kill when I say...what?

Sure it puts Jesus in underpants and makes him look stupid, but still...why?. Not that I am offended as a happy protegnostic, but WHY???.

~~

Curse rapid obsolitude (Is that a word? obsoletity doesn't sound right)

dictionary.reference.com says no! :D

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=obsolitude

...I use IE because I am used to it. (And it's friendly to my sloppy javascript. I'm used to CSS with it, also. I don't make my script nor style with other browsers' special tags (moz-radius stuff like that).

Yeah, I only use the standard CSS that IE can understand. Still, I've had to "fix" a few things for IE6 and its rendering oddities even with the things it can understand. You know, like float:left; used with margin:(x)px;. I had a site (my portfolio site for that matter) set up with floated thumbnails, each with a margin. IE rendered extra margin because they were floated, and it pushed the thumbs over one line, messing with the rest of the structure...

So I just threw in an extra

, normalized the margins of both rows of thumbs, and let IE render it how it will. :wink:

Now for Josh:

Still learning, eh? You're learning well! Those are excellent! :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

I agree. I would say they are all awesome had you not included the arsenal one. But that's only because I am grumpy, sunburned and I just failed an exam.

My favourite one is the 5th one down. How did you do the curved text O.o

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and I have a favour to ask the lovely people of this lovely forum. Please may the lovely people here take a lovely photograph of themselves and post them somewhere for me to see please. I am practicing caracaturing people and the lovely people of this lovely forum are lovely and so would make very lovely models.

They look great, Josh! Are they 100% Paint.net? Again, those graphics look very good...

Yeah, it's the only program I've used. But, on the Pau Gasol one, the "Memphis Grizzles" text is actually from their logo, and I just set it on multiply to get rid of the white, so that's how I got the curved text there. And then on the banner, the basketball player with the face was a picture I found...I didn't actually put the player in the outline, however I am starting to learn how to.

Interested in Sports? Visit Sportz Insomnia!

QuincyDouby01.png

I actually prefer the second because of the translucency... :P

But yes, they're both good! I'm just wondering: How do you get your edges so smooth? PDN doesn't have anti-aliased selection borders, so usually cut-out people have jaggies around them. Did you use the eraser and pain-stakinly eraes into every nook 'n cranny? (I know I've had to do that a few times when The GIMPs Magic Wand just couldn't do what I needed done... :wink:)

~ Becoming the Archetype

Yeah, it's the only program I've used. But, on the Pau Gasol one, the "Memphis Grizzles" text is actually from their logo, and I just set it on multiply to get rid of the white, so that's how I got the curved text there. And then on the banner, the basketball player with the face was a picture I found...I didn't actually put the player in the outline, however I am starting to learn how to.

I've seen him play live when I lived in Memphis about a year ago, not bad for a South American (origin?) player. I take it you live there? Not a bad place.

Now for my newest work, it isn't graphics intensive but I thought it was a good work and some of the people I have run it by like it, so here it is:

And for those who know their movie history the grasped hands are the same from the movie "Schindler's List".

12492kk.jpg

Thanks guys! Replies:

To CrazyManDan: After cutting a player, I duplicate the layer, and either gaussian or radial blur the bottom layer 1-2 pixels, which give it a smoother look, and then flatten the image. And, if the picture is larger than needed, I find that when you re-size it, it actually seems to smooth the edges nicely as well.

To S0S: No, I actually live in Canada. The Gasol signature was for a competition, so that's why I made it.

To anyone: I've got to enter one of my two Henry versions into a competition, so all comments appreciated on which looks better (as of now, i've had a vote for each :P )

Interested in Sports? Visit Sportz Insomnia!

QuincyDouby01.png