The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

I like the combination of shadow and reflection under the orb. I wouldn't have thought of the shadow, but it adds a great touch!

Yeah, after adding the reflection I thought it needed a bit more detail so I put in the shadow. It was difficult to get the size, blur, and opacity just right without drawing too much attention to it. I was afraid that I may have made it too light and that nobody would even notice it. The orb was a 'lil expirement. If you look, you'll notice that the edge of the orb has some shading or blurring. I did this by selecting the orb (just the orb, not the highlights or middle graphic) with the Magic Wand and adding a 'lil Gaussian Blur to it. I think I used about 10px radius but I don't remember. At the time it looked like it gave the orb more detail and depth. But now, to me at least, it just looks like a flat 2D button of some sort. I think this is mainly due to the fact that I ended up blurring the highlights as well. They are not as crisp and clean now. Anyway, it was an expirement that produced some pretty cool results that I may use later on.

@ A_Pickle

Very funny short you have there! I noticed the liquid cooled computer, very cool! LMAO @ the pink chair! I feel a great deal of sorrow for the person who has to sit in that chair... and for everybody who has to look at it! :lol: The pink chair is evil... KILL THE PINK CHAIR!!! :twisted:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

OK, I was bored so I made an animated GIF. I must thank "Georgie" for the inspiration. The drawings are aatwo's... I just brought them to life. aatwo, I hope you don't mind. :D

Here is the link to download the GIF: http://www.savefile.com/files/7656052

(if you don't want to save it to disk, just click "open" or "run")

It is 2.78 MB in size.

I hope you all have as much fun watching it as I did making it! :D

ENJOY!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

I used UnFREEz to do the animation... just as SI does. It's a very light and quick way to do animations. Just drag and drop frames (pictures) into the window... click a lil button... and that's it!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

A_Pickle: That movie rocks! I love the pink chair. :D

The whole thing reminds me of a movie I once made with a few friends. Fighting, people getting hit with objects, reversed footage to make it look like people had superpowers... Only yours has a plot. (We went into ours without a plan. It ended up being boring half the time...)

BuzzKill: That .gif is awesome! Only I think J.C. should have used that gun...

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Only yours has a plot.

That's like... one of eight of our movies that does. One of our movies was lost thanks to my own incompetence (left the finished product on a tape and filmed over it), and the other two... are somewhere. So. :D

-Pikl

Photobucket - Blog

Newest Film: Beowulf (Feel free to PM me comments, criticisms)

Tom's distortion plugins can produce some tripped out designs. Have a look see...

hypno.png

hypno_buldge.png

hypno_twist.png

Next time you have PDN open play around with the different fill styles and the Tile Reflection plugin!

Got a headache yet? :twisted:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

Alright, it's small, but it's new:

axyssigbar.png

I made a new sigbar. I've been messing around with a clean look today. (I made a site layout just like that earlier, now I've applied the concept to a sigbar.)

The AXYS logo is actually a rough draft of a logo I'm designing for one of my classes this quarter, so it's not really a company, but I like the look of it.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Tom's distortion plugins can produce some tripped out designs. Have a look see...

(hypnotic images removed from this quote so you could read the post without getting double hypmotized! :) )

Next time you have PDN open play around with the different fill styles and the Tile Reflection plugin!

Got a headache yet? :twisted:

Ok BuzzKill, you now have us all HYP-MO-TYZED!!!

Way cool images! 8)

tk

Alright, it's time for my entrance into the "Pictorium" and for my entry it's a work that I did on the "My first Paint.NET" thread and I've taken and revamped it to make it more "3-d" and more explosive. (That and it "looked hot" when I'd look at it)

Thanks to DenDem for the inspiration and some good tips.

To Buzzkill - very good work esp. on that first one it was very hypnotic.

To Crazy Man Dan - that is one of the cleanest and sharp designs I have seen on these boards, good job.

Without further holdup: SuperNova v2.0

somzd3.jpg

For next work I think I'll do something more complex and driven.

Here is few of my works in Paint.NET...

Retouched screenie from game NFS:MW inlcuding some mition blur effects on cars...

closeenc386203.jpg

Entirely made in Paint.NET...

fordiosi386204.jpg

SImple black and white image without any shading

namislee386205.png

You can find even more here:

http://rejzor.deviantart.com/

I also use my FRL or Fake Realistic Lightning trick a lot (i mean really a lot).

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=864

It's very cool for game screenshots to raise the color and lightning realism even more.

rejzor.png

Ok, here is something I was just fooling around with...

tile_reflect_test.png

I wanted to see how Tom's Tile Reflection effect would look at an angle and I also wanted to see how SI's Transparent Fade effect would look in the reflection itself. I also used the Tile Reflection effect in the bottom highlight on the orb to add a bit more detail. :wink:

What do ya think?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

*image deleted*

Here is a new sigbar I created based off of what I've learned in creating the image in my previous post.

Whenever I look at it I think of sour gummy bears! :lol:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png