The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

To CrazyManDan: After cutting a player, I duplicate the layer, and either gaussian or radial blur the bottom layer 1-2 pixels, which give it a smoother look, and then flatten the image. And, if the picture is larger than needed, I find that when you re-size it, it actually seems to smooth the edges nicely as well.
If you cut out a photo, duplicate what you have cut out underneath the original, blur the bottom one by about 2 units, and then duplicate the blurred version a load of times is gives a nice effect that makes it looks smooth.

What? So both of you know the exact same method, and I don't!? When was this first suggested? Where was I? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!?!? :cry:

<_<

Well, I learned something today! Thanks! :D

@Illnab:

Heh. That stick guy makes me chuckle. :D I can't put my finger on just what it is, but there's just something about that picture that I find hilarious! Good work!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Hey well I thought I would contribute something so I whipped this up in about 20 mins. It was from scratch and it doesn't make much sense, but anywhoo.

Shatter.jpg

-Chris :)

If you're not into numbers, call me Chris!

Heyho,

its veryvery great!

Thanks, and also I think you could do a little bit of tweaking with the vista logo to make it look a bit more smooth, but it looks great apart from that!

SonicAdventure2-3thumb.jpg

Full Image (1280 x 800 px)

I was just dinking around with Sonic images, and I came up with this wallpaper thing. I rather like it, so I figured I'd share it! :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

Dan, you just made my new wallpaper.

:lol:

Woot! :D Do you have a widescreen monitor, or would you like me to make you a custom size?

Or did you already alter it yourself? :wink:

~ Becoming the Archetype

If you're looking for Sonic and Friends wallpapers, I've put together a bunck of 'em!

Check out the album here:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/c ... allpapers/

Now, admittedly, most of those were made with The GIMP, but if you're looking for Sonic wallpapers...

*ducks*

~ Becoming the Archetype

I altered it...my cheap LCD screen doesn't support anything over 1024x768...:-(

Why is everyone ducking? I won't throw my rotten tomatoes...although I do have a good bit.

Funnily enough...Windows wount make text backgrounds (like icons) transparent unless it is jpeg.

Edit: I feel immature in saying this...but: 4000th post in this forum! yay.

~~

I was ducking to avoid the Heavy Hand of Rick Brewster! I posted links to GIMP pictures on his forum! :o

<_<

Just messing around, of course. :wink:

And yeah, I've noticed that transparency thing you mentioned before. I used the FireFox logo for my background once, but it was in .png format, and suddenly my icon text had background colors. I also get that when I set animated .gif files as my background. Of course, those never stay there more than a few moments, otherwise I end up going into convulsions and damaging my computer. :D

~ Becoming the Archetype

Those are awesome wallpapers Dan! I really love them. My favourites: Knuckles, The first Shadow, The Second Tails. :D

Here's a sketch I did of some girl.

(Before & After Paint.Net Enhancement)

DrawingJPEG.jpg

DrawingAfterJPEG.jpg

Tell me what you think!

-Chris :)

Windows won't make text backgrounds (like icons) transparent unless it is jpeg.

BMP works too.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Haha Illnab1024.

Yeah I didn't actually think anyone would understand, but hey there you go. Now, explain to me what Illnab means.. :(

I bet you felt ripped off when you finally cracked the code just to find it said "random"! (That was the intention)

-Chris :D

haha, thanks for the compliment & good job with that decryption. Not really that high level of a code but hey I dont want to destroy your moment of glory! ;)

-Chris

13_15_4_14_1_18 (or should I call you Random? Or Chris? :o):

I like that effect! It's all spooky and ethereal like. :D

I'm glad you guys like those Sonic & Co. backgrounds! Sonic's my favorite VG character, has been for a while, so I like making wallpapers of He and friends.

And now to Illnab:

I never noticed that Apple logo in your avatar before! Are you a Mac guy?

~ Becoming the Archetype