Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

:shock: The rock and grass textures are superb! It`s hard to split you and AFG as far as landscapes are concerned now.

The bottom left part of the rock looks as if it has been stretched and doesn`t seem to fit with the rest though. Everything else is OK excellent!

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@ Goonfella & Welshblue - Thanks guys ! I felt the same about the water. I did the fountain as a separate image with the intent to insert it into the bamboo image. When it was by itself the water looked great, but when I put it into the green room it changed the look. I really don't know what to do now. I mean I can redo the water, but I don't know how to get it so that it's not affected by the green wall. I could change the color of the wall, but that would change the dynamic of the image, so I do need to change the water, but how?

Any suggestions? I'm kind of stuck. :?

Oh and by the way, Welsh, that is an amazing image. It looks like a photo.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks every one for you nice comments,

@Possum Roadkill, wow that is so beautiful, I like the highlighting it is well done, the vases and the stones are very nice too, blur the water slightly and use Metallize plugin, that well give you a good effect of water, great job.

@welshblue, amazing picture, the grass and the stone is excellent, whenever I review it , I feel that some people will come to play on that sand :), looks great and real.

Think it would be okay if I translated that ice tutorial to text? And linked them and told them that was the original, but I take no credit, im only translating it to text.

Onemorelevel, If you mean the snow tutorial, then I don't mind, but looks like no one responded to your question, my be it is so simple that's why.

Thanks every one for you nice comments,

@Possum Roadkill, wow that is so beautiful, I like the highlighting it is well done, the vases and the stones are very nice too, blur the water slightly and use Metallize plugin, that well give you a good effect of water, great job.

Yes thank you, I think that looks much better. I also duplicated the layer and changed the top one to black and white and used a darken blend mode. I also added a layer of water spray, but it's pretty faint at this size. In retrospect, I think the water would have looked better had I used a more neutral color for the wall and contrasting color for the floor. However, I'm pretty happy with the overall image. Thanks for your suggestion, it really solved my problem. :D

BambooRoom2.png

Yellowman, really creative use of displacement to create a really cool semi-realistic icy landscape effect. Awesome stuff.

Possum, great textures on the bamboo piece. Looks pretty realistic. Great job. :D

Something i'm working. I was just looking at Apple's logos and thought i could do something cool with the rainbow one. This is stage 1:

stage1.png

The result will be much better than this. Shading, shadows, glares, etc. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

LFC, great job on the Logo - though the stem at the top seems a bit out of perspective (might just be me) - I think it needs to be rotated further down the plane.

Can't wait or the finished piece!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@Possum: That is amazing! I was thinking about making a bamboo image, too! :lol: Imagine that! Oh, how'd you do the shadow right behind the bamboo?

Thanks ! I can't wait to see your bamboo. I'm also working on a bamboo table. :D

The shadow was duplicated of the bamboo layers (flattened and saved as a new image then re-inserted) silhouette plus to make it all black, moved and stretched, the bottom cut off to match the floor. I then stretched the leaves in certain places. Lastly I painted the shadow of the pot from the legs to the wall on a separate layer and merged it down. I then changed the transparency to what looked good against the wall. I did the same method with the shadow of the fountain.

Fantastic job on the shading and eyes - I can see you put a lot of detail in the eyes specifically. This is such a great improvement- the lines are all clearly defined and everything is sharp and concise, like it's meant to be there (I've found that often people will be experimenting different methods on one piece, and it sometimes results in a blurry mess).

Great... Baby! :)

It's a wonderful piece, Helen. I assume you used a reference picture? Was it done entirely in Paint.NET?

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

You know, I would walk a mile for that camel OMA. There are a lot of great looking pieces on these last few pages, I'm impressed.

Myself, I have put the airplane project in the hanger for a while. It is keeping the pool table project company.

Not real sure where to put this :?: :?:

kiwism.jpg

I have not been on the board for over a year now. I've been busy getting married, moving, and starting a new career. It is good to be back. I may have some time to get back into this great past-time. I was very surprised to see this image in the Gallery. Thanks so much for that!!

More to come in the future...

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

@ Helen, The baby is amazing ! The expression is perfect !

@ Nemo, Very nice helmet. Is it Trojan or Roman? You might want to try the finish with some of the techniques from the Chrome 101 tutorials. That would look sooooo cool.

@ Tourist, Welcome back and congratulations on your marriage and new career! I have enjoyed seeing your work since joining the forum, and now I'm glad to meet you on here. I hope to see more of your work when you get back into it. Thanks for the PM, the image we discussed is still one of my favorites on here.

@ Nemo, Very nice helmet. Is it Trojan or Roman? You might want to try the finish with some of the techniques from the Chrome 101 tutorials. That would look sooooo cool.

Thanks Possum, i was kind of aiming for a roman helm but i think it has a bit of trojan thrown in :lol:. Quite like that idea of chrome, i may look into it :)