Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

love that snow yellowman its great. Here is a wood texture i have been developing i think it still needs some work but its coming along nicely...

wood.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

love that snow yellowman its great. Here is a wood texture i have been developing i think it still needs some work but its coming along nicely...

wood.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I guess this fits in here? :)

earthoh.th.png

@yellowman - great snow! but IMO the thumbnail looks more realistic.

@welshblue - nice wood! How did you make it?

wormhole2.png

Using Paint.net for 5 months.

I guess this fits in here? :)

earthoh.th.png

@yellowman - great snow! but IMO the thumbnail looks more realistic.

@welshblue - nice wood! How did you make it?

wormhole2.png

@wafflePaint: Nice planet, I like the texture, though I am assuming it's a manipulated stock.

You should link to images directly when using a host such as Imageshack, like this:

earthoh.th.png

That way people can see your image by itself, instead of with all the banners and other junk.

Again, very nice piece!

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

This plugin definitely has great potential - I remember messing with it about a year back, and there are some great text effects to be achieved from it.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@wafflePaint: Nice planet, I like the texture, though I am assuming it's a manipulated stock.

You should link to images directly when using a host such as Imageshack, like this:

That way people can see your image by itself, instead of with all the banners and other junk.

Again, very nice piece!

Thanks! Yes, it's from http://www.oera.net/How2/PlanetTexs/Ear ... 0x1250.jpg

@yellowman Wow! Simple but a great outcome.

wormhole2.png

@ welshblue. That is the most realistic wood texture I've seen yet. Simply amazing ! I have tried and tried and just can't get it. Beautiful stuff man.

@wafflePaint that is a very nice planet. very good job on the texture and the hi-lighting. I'd like to see it with more planets in a full spacescape. That would be really great.

@ theonlychad great texture but I agree with welshblue it needs some movement in the grain. It reminds me of something though, an organic texture.....and I'm just not making the connection in my brain. I hate getting old. It will come to me tonight about 3:00 am. :lol: Still, I really like it and can't wait to see what you do with it.

@ Topezia I love it ! This is gonna be a great poster. The expression on the apple faces cracks me up.

@ Goonfella :shock: Those are stunning images. The island looks so real. :shock: The sky and clouds look so real. The moons look so real. I feel like I'm on another planet. (My wife tells me that I'm from another planet) Outstanding images. You just keep raising the bar every day.

Thanks every one.
yellowman, we need a tutorial, I think its really worthy.

This video is showing the method that I used to create the snow effect, you need Alpha Displacement plugin to do that:

Very nice image, great use of the plug-in, and a well done video tut. Man you just do it all ! I used your technique in this image. It's kind of hard to tell since it was blended into another layer, but it gave me the texture I was looking for.

BambooRoom.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE