Sig-Of-The-Week #12 - Winter *cjmcguinness Wins!*

This weeks theme, as chosen by last weeks winner Helio, is Winter.

It's time to announce the winners! So... Here are the winners: :)

1st: cjmcguinness

2nd: olav.k.m

3rd: Andrew D, david.atwell, TheVoid

(Three-way tie for third; 2 votes apiece)

Thanks to everyone for participating, and a bigger thanks to everyone who voted! We could still use some more, though - The low vote count is what leads to these multi-way ties. It's surprising that on a forum with over 5000 registered members, we can only eke out 16 total votes, but to those of you who did send in a vote, thank you. :)

On to the next one, eh? :wink:

Head over to the discussion thread and chat about ideas for the next theme. cj will be deciding the next one.

Jolly-o!

------------------------------------------------------------------

It's voting time again! Below you will find a consolidated listing of the entries from last week, headed by the artist's user name. Click on the artist's user name to jump down to their original post to read their explanation and view any stock images used.

Look through the entries below and pick out your favorite. Once you've decided, send me a Private Message with the name of the artist for whom you wish to vote. As always, voting is open to everyone, whether or not you submitted an entry, with one submitted ballot allowed per voter. All I ask is that if you do have an entry in the pot, please don't vote for yourself. :wink:

Voting opens now, and closes at 11:59 PM PST on Thursday the 20th of December.

To see the current time in PST to compare it with your local time, click here (WorldTimeServer.com).

In the mean time, head on over to the NEW! discussion thread and chat about ideas for the next competition topic.

The Entrants

salu

winterwonderland.png

DarkShock91

winter_sig.png

mistress-gaia

yulesig.gif

Andrew D

85kcz7l.png

Illnab1024

sig_winter.png

007 Nab

sigwinteryp2.png

TheVoid

Winter.png

pyrochild

sotw12.png

janettsue

stockingsig1.png

cjmcguinness

WinterSig.png

Fire_Ants

winter.jpg

olav.k.m

winter.png

david.atwell

christmassig.png

Got your favorite stuck in your brain?

Send your vote to CMD!

Include the name of the person for whom you wish to vote, and leave the tallying to me!

Winter is the time of year when you freeze your butt off! Well, at least here in the Northern Hemisphere it is. It's also the time of year when you charge your credit cards to the max buying gifts to help celebrate holidays 'n such. This week, your sig should represent what winter is to you - meaning either the weather or the holidays we celebrate this time of year. If you have any questions, or you wish to comment on an entry, then the discussion thread is where you'll want to be.

The deadline for this competition is 23:59 (11:59pm) (PST) on Sunday, December 16th.

To see the current time in PST to compare it with your local time, click here (WorldTimeServer.com).

Check the SOTW Rules!

If your entry breaks any of the rules it will be disqualified.

• [*:1plexba4] Max sig dimensions follow the board's max sig dimensions, 500x150.

• [*:1plexba4] No crude / offensive language, pics, et cetera.

• [*:1plexba4] Sig must follow the set theme.

• [*:1plexba4] Only one entry per person and no modifications to your image are allowed after submitting your entry.

• [*:1plexba4] You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in your sig.

• [*:1plexba4] You are allowed one post in this topic. That post should include your sig, links to your source images, and, if you feel so inclined, a hearty bowl of soup to keep me warm 'n toasty. Placeholders (empty-posting now, editing in a link to your sig later) are not permitted.

This thread is for posting your entries only!

If you wish to talk about one of the entries you can do so here.

If a comment or other non-entry post is mistakenly made in this thread, it will be moved without penalty to the discussion thread. Just don't be surprised when it magically jumps over there. :wink:

Good luck all, and thanks for playing! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Here's mine. Stock images are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:MountBlanc03.jpg and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Windbuchencom.jpg

Anyways, stock images were fed through a glow and Soften Portrait, I then used the gradient tool to cut off parts of the image, then used the brush to create snow, glowed and then blurred, then used a border of blue blurred with a pixel border of a slightly darker blue, then to end off I used a font and used Outline Object with black to make it readable.

85kcz7l.png

Alright, here's my first post in SOTW

Here's your soup CMD - I couldn't find a bowl... and don't consider it a bribe :lol:

soupcustomhy4.png

Anyways...Uhm here's my Sig: I realize it's mainly stock images... and that's no fun... But anyways I hope you guys like it 8)

sigwinteryp2.png

Links to Stock Images:

Winter

Autumn

Summer

Spring

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

No source images, 100% Paint.NET goodness.

sotw12.png

Love Like Winter is a song by AFI from their album, Decemberunderground.

The script in the top and bottom is lyrics from the same song, written in a Tengwar script (One ring to rule them all...).

Oh, and I think that #AAECFF is now one of my favorite colors...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Might as well post mine...

christmassig.png

(stock image link)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Congrats, cjmcguinness! :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

*sigh* always the bridesmaid, never the bride... ;-)

Congrats, cjm!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Do not worry, Atwell. Your day will come. ;)

Anyway, felicitations, CJ! Your Snowman is really quite excellent. :)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

@Fire_Ants: I like your winter signature a lot. I anticipate seeing more works from you in the future!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Wow, thanks to all who voted for for me; I'm flattered.

Good job everyone, I really liked olav.k.m's sig (got my vote), one of my first ideas was to try and do a snowman made of stars (like a snowman constellation).

So, without further ado let's hasten to the discussion thread and get things moving on SOTW #13 (or should it be SOTF Sig Of The Fortnight?).

-CJ

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png