Confused why my thread was closed/deleted...

I posted a topic last night, asking for help.. it's vanished completely. Doesn't even show up under search by author..

I noticed another thread in the Questions forum, where someone asked for help, and there was a reply to post finished pics in the pictorium and then it was locked. I thought the pictorium was for finished pics, not for help requests or questions..

Is there something I'm missing?

jgswsigxo7.png

Please be sure to post topics in the right section they belong to (so they won 't be deleted).

The other thread what definately a "show-off" one, the author was asking for "tips" to improve his skillz.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Lately there have been a lot of posts by people who have obviously not read, or are not heeding, the rules. In the rules I state that certain types of posts are subject to deletion at moderator's discretion. Depending on how much time we have available at any given point, we will either reply to the thread and lock it, or just delete it (less effort/time).

This protocol is in place to help keep the forum organized and clean. If you read the rules and heed them, then you'll have no confusion or problems. I suggest you go read them now. No, really! Go read them!

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

oh, i've read them.. three or four times.. i guess it's just a matter of how one percieves posts.. and the other post i can see what you mean..

mine, however, was an honest question.. i had blocks forming the outline of the name and was asking how to make them 3D.. i guess i'll figgure out how to do t hat on my own..

Thanks for the clarification..

oh.. and please, don't get me wrong.. i've moderated forums before, and fully understand the reason for rules, and having to make strict decisions.. i've also seen some boards that didn't have them, and how unorganized they could get. So I fully support the mods here, even if sometimes I may not always agree with them.

jgswsigxo7.png

Aakanaar, You say that the question was valid, but there are other things that the mods look at (generic titles are a biggie!)...

Take this post's title ("I'm a bit confused..") for example. That is pretty generic. The title should give readers an idea of what the post will be about (e.g, subject content), not the current mood/state of the writer... :wink:

I hope this helps. :)

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Take this post's title ("I'm a bit confused..") for example. That is pretty generic. The title should give readers an idea of what the post will be about (e.g, subject content), not the current mood/state of the writer... :wink:

Good point. I'll fix it.

So the thread you're looking for isn't this one?

Uh, is that about 3D blocks...um, no... :D

mine, however, was an honest question.. i had blocks forming the outline of the name and was asking how to make them 3D.. i guess i'll figgure out how to do t hat on my own..

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

heh.. nice title.. took me a second to recognize it..

Although, just so that it's clear.. i'm not whining.. just asking.. And i'll try to make sure future topics are even clearer on their titles.

I am an adult.. and while sometimes i disagree with other people.. that is my right.. I do tend to voice my opinions in an adult manner though. I don't call names, or flame.

In fact, as with all my posts, I'll generally write up what I want to say, let it sit for a few minutes, and re-read it to see if I could re-word it better. I don't always agree with mods, but I do appreciate and support them. I don't always agree with police officers, but when one has a .38 special pointed in my direction, my hands will not be fidgeting around in my pockets.

I do realize that the mods have final say on here (short of the forum owner himself) and I will always respect that.

jgswsigxo7.png